𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

London, England

London, England

Thursday

. . .

Today I received my acceptance letter and came with a full scholarship from my dream university.

A smile stretched widely across my face. Saying goodbye was easier than I expected as I only had a few people to say goodbye too, but I knew the hardest ones were going to be Mr Robbins and Mrs Robbins

She lifted her wrinkled hands up to rest on the sides of my face. "My Mila girl, listen well. Words cannot express how proud you have made Harry and I. The milestones you've accomplished and the obstacles you overcame is inspiring. You have become a woman that we are proud of. Thank you for blessing us, Mila. I know this will forever be the last hug, kiss you can receive from me because our time has finally come. You have so much more to flourish for. We just know it." She refers to her and Mr Robbins.

My eyes glistened as she and Mr Robbins hugged me tightly. They were the closest thing I had to family and I could not be more grateful for them.

"We'll miss you sweetheart. Don't forget about it, yes." She whispered in my ear.
Climbing into the car, I tried not to look back as I drove down the road from the small cafe that has become one of my favourite places in the world.

So many memories flashed through my mind.

Birthday dinners. Walks along the rivers. Playing with the dogs at the shelters. Winning awards for academics.

Shoving them into the back of my mind.

Now was a time for a new chapter to begin.

Tears flowing down my cheeks as I drove back to my apartment for the last time.

. . .

My alarm goes off alerting me that I need to get up for my flight.

Groaning since it's only two in the morning, I stretch and reluctantly get out of bed. Once my teeth and hair are brushed, I step in the shower.

Washing my hair and body as I stand underneath the hot water. Stepping out, I dry my hair before continuing my hair routine.

Once finished, I quickly dress in come black flared pants, a white cropped shirt and a cream cotton jacket which is paired with white sneakers.

I had just about an hour before my flight left. Taking my phone out of the charger, I pack all my toiletries back in the suitcase before grabbing all my things and saying one final goodbye to the empty apartment.

My hands were shaking as I drove to the airport.

It was a quick stop by security and before I knew it I was boarding the jet and in the air, on the way back home to Moscow.

Something I hoped I wasn't going to regret doing.

I release a shaky breath and I wait for my future to unfold.

. . .

Breathing in the cold air, I whistle for a cab. As we drive to the car rental shop, I get a phone call from my father.

Sighing, I answer. "Yes father." I am not in the mood to talk with him yet.

"Hello Mila, when are you landing? I can come pick you up if you'd like." He says hesitating but hopeful.

"Sorry father but I've landed and I'm heading to a car rental shop already." I say biting my lip as I start to regret everything as I feel like a bad daughter already.

"Oh, okay. That's fine, do you need the address or do you remember how to get home?" He says, sounding disappointed and my heart hurts even more.

"No it's okay. I'm heading to a hotel but if you'd like we could meet for some coffee." I say and I regret being such a kind person.

"Really! I'd love that. Have a wonderful day moy malen'kiy boyets." He says smiling.

(My little fighter)

"You too father. See you then." I respond before hanging up.
He still calls me his little fighter.

Don't fall for his little endearment. He still hurt you even if he was manipulated into doing it.

Exactly he was manipulated, I can't blame him for it.

Yes you can because if he really knew you, he wouldn't have listened to mother. Don't be stupid and listen to your heart. Because if you do, then you'll just let people walk over you.

Sighing, I watch as the car comes to a stop. "We're here, miss." The driver says before getting out of the car.

I step out and thank him as he helps me with my bags. I quickly fill out the forms before the keys and car are handed over to me.

I thank the driver again and tip him before driving to the hotel.