𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

"Mila, princess, please just hear me out

"Mila, princess, please just hear me out. I miss you okay, we miss you. But I can't do this anymore. I can't be away from you any longer. Please, I'm sorry, we're so sorry. We thought that keeping those things from you would keep you safer and we were scared to tell you because we didn't know if you'd still want to be more than friends or even friends. I know this scares you but it wasn't our intention to hurt you. I promise. Can I come see you one day. I just need to see you to keep me sane. I-I lo."

. . .

Throughout the morning my mind drifts of to Nathaniel's words. Especially the last one and a half words.

What was he going to say?

A constant question that repeats in my mind.

My phone pings cutting off my thoughts and I check the message.

Dad: I'm coming over with your bodyguard.

Me: Okay see you now now.

. . .

"Miss Baranov, it's a pleasure to meet you." Rowan my new bodyguard says.

"Pleasure to meet you too." I smile at him.

"So how will this work? Will you accompany me when I only go out or what?" I ask not to sure how this is going to work.

"Well since you constantly have a feeling of being watched even in your apartment I was thinking of you staying at his place or Rowan staying at yours." dad says and my eyebrows raise in surprise.

I don't know what to say about that.

I feel Rowan analysing me as I think of an answer for dad.

I guess it will do no harm in having him stay with me especially if it means I'm safe from danger.

"It's fine, he can stay at mine, if that's okay?" Rowan nods at me never taking his gaze off of me making me blush at his attention and intense look.

"Wait, what about school?" Looking to Rowan, he looks to dad.

"Well I'd have a talk to your professors and see if it's okay with him being there with you. And if not then I'll just apply for him to attend those classes." Rowan frowns at the last part, a laugh escapes me which causes his lips to tilt up slightly.

"Now that everything is sorted, I have to go." dad says and nod pressing a kiss to his cheek before he leaves.

"Is it fine if you come with me to get my stuff, Miss Baranov?" he questions and I frown at the formality.