𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

Monday

Monday.

10:05 am
. . .

I take in a deep breath as I stare up at the spectacular building that towers over my frame.

Students rushed past on their way from and to classes in a rush but since I came on time I had five minutes to find my class. Which didn't feel like enough time considering how big the buildings are. So now I can feel my anxiety creeping in.

I don't feel prepared for my university life or just life in general.

Rolling my shoulders back, I made my way to class.

A lecture theatre welcomed me in as I found my way to an empty seat in the center of the third row.

The theatre was wide and  bright lights that buzzed, illuminating all the students. My eyes skimmed over the grand desk at the front of the theatre. The conversation of the girls in front of me got so loud that I could not help but listening to it.

"Dr James is like a fucking greed God. Him and Dr Hidalgo are literally majestic. No one's been able to get either of them. But I can't blame them cause the ones that made a move aren't like us. Pike Anna, she tried last year and failed miserably. She even got moved to a different class." the one girl said and I frowned at her words.

The girl next to her agreed and was about to respond when the whole room fell silent.

I kept my eyes down as I stared at my dad's message, wishing me a good day and best of luck, which got a small smile out of me.

I then pulled out my iPad and planner for the day.

I glanced up at the sound of two pairs of shoes echoing and saw the professor but my eyes went to the man next to him.

My god he was tall and broad with wide shoulders that fit snugly in the expensive suit jacket he wore.

His dark brown hair complimented his tan skin.

He seemed to be in his late twenties and I understood why the girls were gushing over him.

His presence seemed to restrict me from the air.

He wore glasses he wore that sat perched on his defined nose. All his facial features were strong and sharp. It was as if the Greek Gods had shaped him themselves.

I felt the air leave my lungs.

He was the most beautiful man I have ever seen.

I glanced down to my iPad, blushing at my thoughts. When I looked back up, I met with his light blue eyes that looked like crystals.

It was like looking into an endless waterfall.

I realised why I could see it so clearly was because we were making direct contact.

They were glistening with something I couldn't understand.

Biting my lips nervously, I looked away as he cleared his throat and addressed the class.

"Welcome to Psychology 2800, This semester you are going to be learning about Human Behaviour and Mental Processes. I am Dr Carter. I am the head of the Psychology Department here at Moscow State. This course we will be focusing more on Human Behaviours which Mr Kincaid and I have put together. We will dive deeper into why humans act the way we do and how this affects us in life." As he spoke, chills went down my spine.

Turning around, he brushed the chalk off his hands. "It is important to understand the mind as it is knowledge that gives you much more control over how to use the combined power of your conscious and unconscious minds to think in a more flexible, resilient and healthy way."

As he continued he glanced around the class and his eyes found mine. "The mind is associated with the brain. The two terms are often used interchangeably. The brain is considered to be a physical thing, the mind considered to be mental. The brain is composed of nerve cells and can be touched, whereas, the mind cannot be touched. Let us explore the major difference between brain and mind in more detail in Chapter Eight, I would like you all to keep this in mind as we begin with the lesson."

I felt myself unconsciously leaning forwards in my seat. It's as if there's this gravitational pull between us, pulling us to one another.

Class went by so quickly that I was thankful I put my notes on speech to type setting so that whatever he just said would type it in for me.

I feel ashamed of myself, coming back here just to be drooling over a man, let alone a professor.

I packed my things away in my bag as class ended, trying to get rid of my thoughts.

Walking down the stairs to the exit, I closed the door behind me as I was the last person to leave, only to bump into a firm chest.

I glance up, having to crane my neck which says a lot as I'm 5'11, and see Dr Carter looking at me so intensely that I have to take take a step back.

"What is your name?" His minty breath fills the air and mixes with his cologne.

"Mila Baranov, sir." I struggled not to stutter from the nerves.

"Mila" he breaths. his face giving into a small smile.

I felt enthralled.

For a moment, we stared at each other, the world frozen around us.

It broke when the bell rang before his face went blank.

I gave him a small smile as I walked around him to leave.

"Have a wonderful day, Mila." His voice deep and smooth.

" His voice deep and smooth