(21)

Jungkook sits on a chair next to Taehyung's bed. He holds his hand. He looks with tearful eyes at Taehyung lying on the bed. "Please get well soon, Tae. I can't live without you." Jungkook whispers. Mrs. Kim stands behind Jungkook. She puts her hand on Jungkook's shoulder. Jungkook looks at her.

She smiles small while being emotional. "It's going to be okay, Jungkook." She says. Jungkook puts his hand on Mrs. Kim's. "I love him." Jungkook says. "I know, honey." She says. "We wanted to tell you about our relationship in a few days." Jungkook says.

She smiles. "I expected it wouldn't be long before you two would get back together." She says. Jungkook smiles. "It will be fine, Jungkook. Taehyung will get better. And we will help each other through this difficult period." She says. Jungkook nods.

After a while they decide to leave. Jungkook presses a kiss to Taehyung's forehead. "See you soon my love." He says and then walks out of the room. Mrs. Kim kisses Taehyung's hand. "Get well soon, honey. Jungkook needs you. And so do I." She says and then leaves the room.

Jungkook hugs Jimin. He starts to cry. Jimin wraps his arms around Jungkook's waist. "Calm down, Kookie. It's okay." Jimin says. The others look at Jungkook with concern.

Mrs. Kim walks towards them. She looks at Jungkook with pity. "Mrs Kim, how is Taehyung?" Jin asks. Mrs. Kim looks at Jin. She sighs. "Taehyung's operation was successful." She says. "That is good news." Namjoon says.

"Well, not quite." Mrs. Kim says. "Taehyung losing too much blood put too much pressure on Taehyung's brain. That's why they put him in a coma." She explains. "The doctor expects the pressure on his brain to decrease in two weeks." She says. "But they'll be watching him." She says and swallows. She tries to hold back her tears.

"How awful." Namjoon says. Mrs. Kim nods. "And we just went to see him." She says. "What did he look like?" Jin asks. "Terrible. Not in the way we're used to from him." Mrs. Kim says. Jin nods.

"We weren't allowed to stay with him long as he needs to rest." Mrs. Kim says. "But tomorrow we can visit Taehyung longer." She says. "But there are two people in the room. Otherwise there are too many people."
She says. The boys nod.

"Let's go home." Jin proposes. Everyone nods. "Who stays with Jungkook?" Jimin asks. "If you guys want to stay with Jungkook for a while, I'll pick up some clothes from my house. Then I'll spend the next few weeks sleeping with Jungkook at Taehyung's house." Mrs. Kim says. Jimin nods.

Then they leave the hospital.