(22)

Soon the two weeks are over. Every day Jungkook has been in the hospital with Taehyung. Today is an important day. Today they are going to discuss with the doctor how Taehyung is now and whether the pressure is still on his brain.

Mrs. Kim and Jungkook are in the car. Jungkook is nervous. "Is everything alright?" Mrs. Kim asks. "I am nervous." Jungkook says. Mrs. Kim nods understandably. "I understand. I'm nervous too." She says. "But it's going to be okay. We're going to do this together." She says. Jungkook nods.

While Mrs. Kim is driving, she talks to Jungkook about Taehyung. But then a car comes at them at a fast pace. Mrs. Kim turns the wheel and tries to avoid the car. They succeed, but then their car hits the tree. Mrs. Kim and Jungkook let out a scream and then everything went black before their eyes.

Jungkook wakes up. He moans in pain. Slowly he opens his eyes. He immediately squeezes his eyes shut by the bright light in the room. After a few seconds, he opens his eyes again. He looks around the room. The room is white. Then he sees an IV in his arm. "What the?" Jungkook mumbles.

The door of the room opens. Jimin enters the room along with Namjoon, Jin, Hoseok and Yoongi. "Oh my god. He's awake." Jimin says. He quickens his steps towards Jungkook until he is standing next to his bed. "Jungkook? How are you feeling?" Jimin asks. Everyone looks at him concerned.

Jungkook looks at him. "What happened?" Jungkook asks. His voice is hoarse. "You've been in a car accident." Jimin says. Jungkook thinks for a moment. Then he remembers it again. "Oh yes. I was in the car with Mrs. Kim." Jungkook says. "Wait, where's Mrs. Kim? How is she?" Jungkook asks. The boys remain silent.

"Guys?" Jungkook says. Jimin sighs deeply. "I'm sorry, Kookie. Miss Kim didn't make it." Jimin says. Jungkook's eyes widen. "W-What?" He stammers. "She died in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. She had too many injuries." Jimin says. A tear rolls down Jungkook's cheek.

Jimin takes Jungkook's hand. "Sorry." Jimin says. Jungkook starts to cry. Jimin gently squeezes Jungkook's hand for comfort.