𝗢𝗻𝗶 𝗣𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿

Chapter Three

Y/n was up bright and early, grabbing the breakfast she'd prepared for herself the night before when she left.

She got to the agreed meeting spot at precisely 5am, finishing her breakfast after her fellow team members arrived.

"Didn't Kakashi-sensei tell us not to eat breakfast?" Sakura questioned as y/n happily chowed down on the leftovers from the previous night's dinner.

"Yeah. What about it?" y/n replied, not really caring.

A tick mark appeared on Sakura's forehead as she snapped, "You're gonna throw up! It'll be gross!"

"You'll see a lot of gross stuff as a kunoichi so might as well get used to it now!" y/n advised before swallowing the last bit of food, "Mm, that was good!"

"Humph!" Sakura crossed her arms and looked away with a scowl as y/n glanced at the super sleepy Naruto.

"You should get some rest. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that Kakashi-sensei is gonna be late today too." y/n chirped with a sweet little smile.

"Really?" Naruto murmured from where he sat against the tree stump the team was gathered at,
"Thanks, y/n..."

Y/n only nodded with a soft hum.

Some time passed as the sun rose and y/n eventually dozed off as well. Not too long after, the Devastating Duo woke up nice and refreshed. Naruto, of course, was hungry but y/n didn't have any more food.

"Hey! Y/n, what's that?" Naruto ask, glancing at the large wrapped object which was leaning against the tree stump beside y/n. It was wrapped in a large cloth but Naruto could see spikes protruding from the fabric.

"Oh, this?" y/n inquired before tipping the massive object so it was up straight, "Kakashi-sensei said that we should bring our gear so I brought my most trusted weapon! The Oni King's Kanabou! Take a look!"

Y/n unveiled the weapon, allowing Naruto to see the rather large weapon. Standing up straight, it was just slightly taller than y/n. It was brown with golden lines as well as spikes on it. From its size, Naruto immediately knew that it would hurt to be hit by it.

"Woah... where'd you get it?" Naruto breathed.

Y/n fell silent.

"Y/n-"

"I found it. My Pops said I could keep it."

"Your Pops?" Naruto echoed and y/n nodded.

"Mhm! My Pops raised me and taught me everything I know! He said this would keep me safe! Ushi too!"

"You keep talking about this Ushi person yet I've never even met them! When will I see them?"

"Hehe, when the time is right!"

Sakura kept stealing glances at y/n's kanabou but wasn't sneaky enough, the young oni noticing quickly.

"Wanna see it in action?" y/n offered, beaming with pride, "This is a once in a lifetime opportunity!"

"It won't. We're on the same team, y'know?" Sakura said sharply and y/n began to giggle, struggling to hold back her laughter, "What're you laughing about?"