*𝗱𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗻𝗶𝗰 𝘀𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴*

(I'm so sorry it took so long, I was crawling my way back up the DnD rabbit hole my friends dragged me into)

Chapter Forty

Y/n's training with Tatsuya truly did feel like hell.

He'd chain her to a boulder and have her push it to one side of a massive lake from the other. No time to pause for air, she just had to get it to the other end.

As soon as that became easy, he increased the amount of times she'd have to push the boulder from one end to the other without coming back up for air.

She'd passed out a couple of times during her first few months of doing it but, eventually, it became easier.

She had no idea Tatsuya's ridiculous training would actually come in handy one day. Bless his cold, dead heart.

Y/n was relaxed as she stood atop the water which now covered the once crusty and dusty barren land.

When she was younger, she'd likely worry about falling and being unable to fight if knocked off her feet.

Either way, there were some advantages to her predicament. Y/n just really had to think about it.

That, and how she could buy time.

Ushi was carrying Nimble Ninja back to the hideout, the little beetle giving him instructions, so that y/n could just use the lil speedy technique she found in one of Granny's scrolls to teleport to them and save Gaara!

Of course, she needed to give them time. Which was why she was actually stopping to fight Kisame, rather than kicking him in the balls and making a run for it.

'Please hurry, you two.' she thought, feeling absolutely terrified as her legs shook a bit, 'This dude's eyes are just as creepy as I remember!'

"You're shaking a bit there, pup. Scared?" Kisame jeered from where he stood while y/n frowned.

"Nah, not scared at all." she replied with a small huff, lips quirking up into a little grin, "Just preparing, that's all!"

On cue, a pair of clawed hands emerged from the water and grabbed Kisame by his ankles. He instinctively looked down to see wtf grabbed him but was punched in the jaw first, y/n moving the moment he moved his gaze away from her.

"I'll end this quickly! I don't have time for a basic ♀🐶 like yourself!" y/n shouted, grabbing ahold of Kisame by the front of his cloak.

She punched him again, her fist going straight through this time as he dispersed. Damn, it was a water clone.

Y/n frowned, irritated by this inconvenience and turned just in time to see the giant 🍑 shark man swinging that damned bandaged blade of his.

There was a loud clang as Kisame's shark skin sword collided with y/n's kanabou, causing the water beneath their feet to kick up from the sheer force alone.

"Ha! Nice kanabou!" Kisame sneered.

Y/n raised a brow with a cocky little smirk, "Don't go complimenting it just yet!" the oni pushed back, causing Kisame to stumble as she adjusted her hold on her weapon before swinging once more.

Kisame initially began to block with his own sword but thought better of it at the last minute. Something didn't feel right.

The Akatsuki Member weaved to the side rather than blocking, one of the spikes on the kanabou slicing his cheek.

'Hm, what an odd kanabou.' Kisame thought as time seemed to move in slow motion, 'That's not all, is it?'

Haha, nope!