𝗔 𝗛𝗼𝗿𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮 𝗛𝗮𝗹𝗳

Chapter Twenty-One

The last thing Lee expected to see upon regaining consciousness was y/n and a bull staring at him.

He was kinda still out of it so he thought he was dreaming, seeing the oni staring down at him with such an intense look alongside a grumpy looking bull.

"Ushi, analysis?" the girl asked the bull.

She received a few grunts and moos in response before nodded twice with a look of approval.

"I'm so relieved, I was real worried for a second!"

"Hey! You! What're you doing in here?!" someone shouted and the bull disappeared in a puff of smoke.

"Huh?! Ushi! You traitor!" y/n cried before disappearing from view, her footsteps retreating, "Gotta blast!"

After that, Lee fell unconscious again.
Only to wake up and find y/n once more.

"Huh? Where...?" he began.

Y/n glanced at him in surprise, hopping off of the chair she sat on to join him beside the bed, "Yo! Lee! How are you feeling?"

"...dead."

"Understandable."

"I had a weird dream..." he mumbled, "You were standing over me with some weird bull you called Ushi."

"Oh, that was real."

"Cool..."

...

"Excuse me?"

Y/n patiently explained that he wasn't hallucinating when he saw her earlier, letting him know that she'd snuck in to check to see just how he was doing.

"So! Really! How do you feel? Is the pain unbearable or...?" y/n rested her head on her hands, waiting expectantly for an answer from him.

"No, not really." Lee admitted and y/n grinned.

"Good." she said with a small sigh of relief, "Maybe if you're not in much pain, the healing process will be quicker! Or... you're paralyzed, that may be it as well."

"Healing process..?"

"I'll let your teacher explain that one."

"Well..." Lee tilted his head, "What did you do?"

Y/n's expression grew serious, "You see..."

She held up a peace sign and grinned, "I can't tell ya! It's a secret family technique and I'd have to kill you if I told you~!"

The boy deadpanned, "Wat."

"Hehe!" y/n shook her head, "I'm kidding, relax. Anyways, you got hurt real bad so give yourself some time to rest. I did my best to help out with the pain. If tried to do anymore, I'd die of chakra exhaustion within seconds!"

As y/n began laughing boisterously, Lee frowned to himself, "Well what are you doing here? Did you already fight?"

"Nah, I just wanted to make sure you were gonna be okay." y/n replied with a shrug then beamed, "You were great out there, Lee. You're a really cool dude."

Lee's cheeks went pink at the compliment as he chuckled bashfully and rubbed the back of his neck, "Thanks. Y/n, right?"

"Mmhm!"

"Good luck out there!" he chimed with a determined grin on his face, "Give it your all, okay?"

"Right!" y/n declared before jumping to her feet, "I should get going! But I'll be right back to check on you after the fight, okay Lee?"