𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗯𝗹𝗲

Chapter Thirty-Five

"You and Lee should rest here, I'm gonna go check on Sasuke and Naruto!" y/n announced as she grabbed her kanabou, "If anything happens, I'll send Ushi!"

"Right! Stay safe, y/n!" Lee exclaimed and y/n grinned before taking off. She missed how Gaara began to say something, unable to voice his own concerns since she had run off so quickly.

She made haste as she traveled towards to Valley of the End, leaving dents in the earth as she used it as a means to travel farther in less time.

As she neared, she felt a sudden surge of energy in the air. There was that weird feeling again! The one she felt mere seconds before she ended up in that weird place with that Tanuki thing, but ten times more intense.

On top of that... it felt familiar.

"Naruto!" y/n realized just as she spotted a bunch of fire and explosions in the distance. Aw hell no-

'Come on, legs, go faster!!!' she thought furiously.

The closer she got, the more and more sounds of destruction managed to reach her ears. She was getting nervous... she was going to throw up again...-!

'Not the time, not the time...! Stay awake!' she reminded herself, closing her eyes and shaking her head, 'Keep on moving! Get there in time!'

Y/n arrived as the sky was getting dark, skidding to a halt and witnessing a great ball of light suddenly appear before her eyes. No matter how hard she squinted against it, she couldn't see her teammates!

She didn't close her eyes, too desperate to catch a glimpse of her two friends. Fidgeting there was no other choice, she ran to get a little closer.

It began to rain.
Rain was never a good sign.

It was as though the sky was crying.

Y/n wouldn't cry too, would she?

The girl used the giant statues as a way to get down near the base of the water fall, landing on the ground and rushing over to Sasuke and Naruto.

Sasuke didn't feel her approaching this time.

That cheerful aura was gone.

"Naruto!" y/n shouted, the water in the ground causing her to slide over to the blond after she slipped on the wet earth.

She paid Sasuke no mind as she grabbed her unconscious friend by shoulders and shook him, "Naruto! Hey, Naruto! Wake up already!"

No response.

"Wake up... wake up!"

"Pops, please get up! The bad guys are gone now, you can stop playing! Please get up... we've gotta go home!"

Sasuke watched in silence as the crying oni shook her friend, begging him to at least open his eyes.

He didn't speak.
He knew better than to speak.

Though the link between him and y/n had been becoming fainter as the hours ticked by, he felt that fiery rage within the Oni when she laid eyes upon her friend.