𝗢𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗧𝗮𝗻𝘂𝗸𝗶 𝗙𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱

Chapter Twenty-One. . . 

and a Half

"Honestly, Granny, I'm fine!!!" y/n whined.

She was laying in bed, pouting as Granny opened up the shades to let some more sunlight in the room.

"No, you're not. You collapsed on the way home from shopping!" Granny reminded the oni who let out a groan, "Take some more time to rest, the final part of the exam is far off."

"I'm fine, really!" y/n tried, sitting up, "See?"

She attempted to clamber out of bed but her leg gave out on her, sending her collapsing onto the floor with half her body still on the bed.

"..."

"..."

"What were you saying about being okay?"

Y/n could only let out a loud groan in response, reluctantly allowing Granny to help her back into bed.

"Rest, alright? I need to head out to run a few more errands and I won't be back till dark." Granny told the oni, "I'll be back soon. Don't go anywhere, okay?"

"Fine." y/n grumbled, shifting in bed and turning her back to he little old lady. Granny gave the girl a sympathetic look before leaving.

Y/n waited until the sounds of Granny's footsteps retreated and the front door closed before she leapt out of bed.

"Oop...!" y/n wobbled a little and remained in place to regain her balance before quietly rushing to the other end of her room.

She fished a bottle out of her bag and grinned, "Who knew the hospital had such useful stuff! This fatigue won't be bothering me for quite some time, that's for sure."

Y/n plopped on the ground, "Now!"

...

"How much am I supposed to take?"

Y/n ended up taking the entire bottle of pills, unsure of what else to do as she got dressed and gave her kanabou a little pat from where it sat next to her bed.

"I'll be back soon!" she said to nobody in particular before opening up the window and hopping out.

She ducked down behind some plants on the side of the little house, keeping low so she wouldn't be spotted, though the full horn she still had was peeking over the top.

Y/n glanced down at her hands, forming the Dog, Boar, and Ram hand signs while muttering them under her breath. In a poof of smoke, the oni was gone. In her place was a little shiba inu that took off across the field and further into town.

Elsewhere, Gaara was just chilling in a room and being emo asf.

He wasn't doing anything in particular but he just couldn't shake the feeling that he was being watched... it'd only started a few minutes before but it was far too intense to just be a mistake.

He wasn't wrong, really.

After all, a certain oni was sitting outside his window with her face pressed up against the glass and her piercing e/c eyes literally burning into his very soul.

She was being a bit of a creep, yes, but that was because she wanted to investigate that weird feeling she kept sensing around him.

Okay but... how was she gonna approach him?

Y/n pouted, thinking deeply with a troubled expression, 'He'll probably just kill me if I barge in and snatch him up like I usually do with Naruto.'