𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝘂-

Chapter Seventeen

"Y/n, what are you doing?"

"Tying him up!"

Sakura sweatdropped as y/n finished tying up the Genin that attacked them, dusting off her hands before lifting him and using the rope as makeshift straps so she could carry him like a backpack beside her wrapped up kanabou.

"Why are we bringing him with us?" Naruto demanded and y/n gave him a little frown.

"There's animals out here that will eat him." the oni pointed out, "On top of that, you don't know what type of sick people out here taking this test would kill him!"

"It's his fault for attacking us, y/n. Leave him." Sasuke told the taller girl who glared down at him.

"Leave him for dead? Yeah, no thanks. He was only trying to get a scroll, just as we are." y/n replied.

"But won't carrying him and your kanabou be tough?" Sakura asked with a look of concern on her face.

The oni blinked, surprised by the concern her teammate was showing for her before smiling warmly, "I'll be just fine, Sakura. It's like holding a couple of grapes."

"I highly doubt that but okay..."

Sasuke observed as y/n flexed her strength to the weary Sakura before sighing heavily and nudging the oni, "Here. Let me hold your kanabou."

"Eh? Why?"

"You can't carry both the kid and the weapon."

"Then you hold the kid!"

"No way! You're the one wanting to keep him alive so you hold him!" Sasuke retorted and y/n scoffed.

"Well you can't hold my kanabou either. I told you this twice before, it drains humans of their chakra faster than it does for Oni!" she protested.

Eventually, Sasuke gave up and told y/n to let him know if she was ever getting tired with carrying both the kid and the kanabou.

After being sure that the kid was out, y/n giving him another punch to the jaw just as he woke up, Team 7 huddle up to begin discussing a password.

"I know! I know!" y/n gasped in a hushed voice, "Let's do Ligma! Ligma is a good code!"

"Y/n, no..." Sakura murmured.

"Yeah it is! Cause if the person gets it wrong, one of us can say Ligma Balls and knock 'em out cold!"

"You're such a child, y/n..."

"Sweetheart, I'm twelve. Of course I'm a child."

"Listen, I already thought of one. I'm only saying it once so listen." Sasuke said sharply, "You ask, Ninja song, Ninja Chance. The answer is, The chance to sneak up when a large number of enemies are making a scene. The quiet place has no secret hideout. It is important for a shinobi to know the right time. The time when an enemy is tired and drops his guard. That's it."

"Okay!" Sakura exclaimed.

"I've got it!" y/n chimed then hesitated, "I think..."

"Mm... could you say it again?" Naruto asked.

"I told you I was only gonna say it once." Sasuke replied and both Naruto and y/n heaved a sigh.

"Can you two not memorize it?" Sakura questioned, "You're both idiots! I memorized perfectly it right away!"

"Not everyone is smart like you, Sakura!" y/n whined before flopping over and resting her head on the pink haired girl's lap with a, "Share some of your brain cells with me!"