𝗠𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗞𝗶𝗱

Chapter Forty-Five
(Your favorite omnipotent cat has arrived)

Konoha was in grave danger.

With the absence of their Crimson Oni for the past three or so years, they'd been able to peacefully enjoy their days for the most part.

But she'd returned now.

And after a few uneventful days of her being back, a demonic being was awakened after its 30 day slumber and was back with a vengeance.

This demon's name is...

"AGH, 🚚ING PERIOD CRAMPS!!!!"

"It's hurting again? Here, have more dango!"

Y/n tearfully accepted another stick of dango from Choji as the two of them sat on a bench outside Amaguriama, a little sweets shop that the two of them had begun to visit together.

The girl was feeling a little sad about Naruto and Sakura leaving on a mission so soon, without her at that, so Choji offered to hang out with her to cheer her up.

Y/n, of course, accepted.

The oni had intended to spend the day shopping for snacks and trying something new with Choji, but her cramps had hit her out of nowhere about thirty minutes into their girl when they stopped at Amaguriama.

Choji offered her dango to distract her, which worked for the most part, but was genuinely worried as she began to shed tears as she feebly nibbled on the sweet snack.

"Are you okay, y/n?" he tried, "If you want to go back to my place, we can do that. I don't want you to be uncomfortable for the entire day while we're out... my Mom can make you something to help with the cramps."

"No! It's fine!" y/n said quickly, trying and failing to fight back tears, "I'm fine! I wouldn't want to trouble you or your mother."

Choji sighed quietly, giving his friend a worried stare. It reminded him of when they were both small, back during their first few months at the Academy.

Something had happened, something bad.
She never said a word about it, just... waited.
She waited and waited in silence.

"Y/n, do you want to come over for dinner?"

The oni paused, turning her e/c gaze away from her hands and to Choji instead. The boy seemed concerned, likely due to her odd silence.

"Din...ner...?" she exhaled.

That was the first word Choji managed to get out of her in a while, and the fact that it was something they both enjoyed brought a smile to his face.

"Yeah! Dinner! My mom can cook your favorite!" Choji exclaimed, "Or, if you want something new, you can make a suggestion! She'll cook whatever you want!"

"My... favorite...?" she mumbled and Choji nodded, hoping that she was feeling a little better.

It was a long moment before the oni turned her gaze back to her hands again. It was a long moment before her eyes welled up with tears and they fell into her palms. One drop, then another.

"Y/n..." Choji whispered as y/n began to cry.

Silence was never a good thing with y/n.

This worried Choji.

"Well... if you're a hundred percent sure." the Akimichi still seemed concerned but got up first, "I've got an idea!"

Y/n gave him a curious look but didn't ask questions as he helped her to her feet and guided the pained oni along.