𝗚𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗚𝗶𝗮𝗻𝘁

Chapter Five

Y/n's strength truly was no joke.
Sakura realized that now.

All those times she nearly broke their classmates' arms or threw a chair halfway across the yard, she was just joking around and being playful. She was being gentle.

Lol Gentle Giant.

Right now, y/n was freaking out while Sasuke warily watched how she was shaking the ninja she'd knocked out as if he weighed no more than a doll did.

Kakashi was trying to calm the young oni girl down but didn't seem to have made any progress so far.

Naruto... uh, Naruto wasn't doing too good.

'Sasuke and Y/n were so quick to react despite this being their first real battles, no problem! But I just stood here doing nothing!' Naruto thought with a wide eyed look on his face, 'Sasuke saved me like it was nothing and y/n took out a ninja all on her own!'

"Y-Y/n, don't shake him like that. You might actually kill him if you keep that up..." Kakashi tried to tell his student and flinched when her distressed gaze turned to him.

"I broke my promise! I'm a dead oni when I get back to the village! Dead I say!" y/n kept on panicking.

"Y/n, clam down!" Sakura protested.

Then all paused when the ninja y/n had bodyslammed let out a groan, beginning to wake up. As soon as his eyes opened, he got a fist to the face as y/n knocked him right back tf out.

"False alarm! He's alive!" y/n cheered, dropping the body without much concern as she grinned at Tazuna, "Mister Tazuna Sir! You're safe with us!"

As Sakura scolded y/n for punching the ninja a second time, the oni glanced at Naruto and took notice of his expression.

"Hey, Naruto." Sasuke called before smirking, "Are you hurt? Scaredy cat?"

Naruto was briefly taken aback by this comment but fury came next, the boy beginning to run at Sasuke only for y/n to pick him up by the back of his jacket and hold him off the ground.

"Naruto, no." y/n said sharply before whispering to him, "Don't worry, bruv, we'll get 'em next time!"

Naruto glanced up at y/n who gave him a grin.

"Naruto." Kakashi called as y/n set her friend back down, "These guys had poison on their claws. You need to deal with it quickly."

"What?" Naruto seemed puzzled by this statement.

"Mm?" y/n glanced at Naruto's hand, spotting a cut.

"You have to open the wound and drain the poisoned blood." Kakashi explained as y/n grasped her friend's hand and checked on the cut despite his protests, "Try not to move too much. It'll cause the blood to travel through your bloodstream faster."

"Drain the poisoned blood?" Naruto murmured, giving the oni girl beside him a curious look.

"We could get you to bleed more." y/n said thoughtfully before frowning, "But, I wouldn't want you to be in even more pain so I could try sucking it out."

"Huh?! Isn't that dangerous?!"

"Not if I don't swallow it." y/n replied with a shrug then winked, "Even if I did, I'd be fine! Oni are highly resistant to most poisons, you see!"

They got their attackers all tied up and set them against a tree. Turns out, they were Chunin from Kirigakure. They woke up after a while and flinched at the sight of the Oni girl glowering at them from where she stood with Naruto.