𝗖𝗿𝗶𝗺𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗧𝗮𝗻𝘂𝗸𝗶

Chapter Thirteen

"P-Please listen, Gaara." Kankuro began shakily, pointing to the group of Konoha kids, "They lashed out first?"

"Hey now, you tried to beat up Konohamaru first!" y/n said sharply, the brown haired boy still clinging to her, "We just fought back in an attempt to protect him!"

"Tch!" Kankuro gave y/n a glare while the crimson oni glared right back at him, "Listen here you little monster...!"

"WHO ARE YOU CALLIN' A MONSTER?!" y/n demanded furiously, pointing at the strange boy, "You can't go calling me a monster after you just tried to hurt a little kid!"

"YOU TRIED TO BREAK MY WRIST!!!" Kankuro snapped.

"Shut up." Gaara's voice was so commanding that y/n couldn't help but shut up along with Kankuro.

Besides, she couldn't tell who was being told to shut up. Kankuro, herself or both? She had no idea.

Y/n figured it'd be a good idea to shut up then.

She glanced at Kankuro and was rather surprised to find him sweating bullets as he stared up at Gaara. Was he perhaps... scared?

Gaara's eyes narrowed slightly, "I'll kill you."

'Me?' y/n thought in alarm.

"U-Understood, I was wrong." Kankuro said in a meek voice and y/n found herself feeling a little bad for him, "I-I'm sorry. I'm really sorry..."

"I'm sorry about that." Gaara apologized simply to Sasuke, sparing y/n a brief glance, "To you as well."

'Oh, not me.' y/n realized, holding back the sigh of relief which almost managed to slip out.

'This guy has a rather nasty look.' Sasuke was thinking, that usual boring look of his on his face.

'To think he was able to hit Kankuro with such a tiny rock. This guy's good.' Gaara noted then focused on y/n once more, 'And the girl with the horns. She was actually going to crush his wrist right then and there.'

"Apology accepted, it's no big deal." y/n said with a cheerful smile before looking away almost miserably, "I get that a lot... the whole monster thing, I mean."

Gaara regarded the oni for a moment in silence.

Suddenly, a bunch of sand surrounded Gaara. One minute he was on the branch, the next he was on the ground in front of the Kankuro kid and the other girl.

"Let's go." he told them in that quiet but still scary tone, "We didn't come here just to play around."

"Hold it!" Sakura snapped, running forward as the strange trio turned and began walking away.

They paused.

"What is it?" the girl of the group inquired.

"Telling from your headbands... you're ninja from Sunagakure, aren't you?" Sakura questioned.

No reply.