𝗦𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟬𝟵𝟬𝟴𝟭

Chapter Fourteen

"Grrr... how dare they try to threaten you like that! I promise I'll get revenge for you at the exam, Granny! I'll beat up all the Genin from Amegakure for you!"

"It's just fine, dear. Besides, they're not all at fault for the actions of one of their own." Granny assured y/n with a smile as they walked towards the academy together, "Besides, I may be old but I can still defend myself."

"But still...!"

"Just focus on the exam, dear. Granny will be fine."

Y/n huffed, crossing her arms, "Fine..."

The previous day, Granny had been attacked in the garden by a mystery ninja. Telling from the headband on his hat, he was from Amegakure.

He offered to spare Granny only if y/n would drop out of the exam. Of course, y/n declined. She was sure to give the dude a good molly-whopping though, her Granny telling her to stop just before she could seriously hurt the guy.

That gave him a chance to escape. Even so, y/n was on edge for the rest of the day and even the following morning.

So much so that she asked Granny to walk with her to the Academy. It was partially because of the incident but also because she was a littleeee bit nervous.

'Hehe, usually y/n is rather sharp. But I suppose that changes when I'm involved.' Granny thought with a fond smile as y/n angrily searched for enemies in their surroundings as they walked, 'That or Iruka is a very good actor, hoho.'

As usual, Granny knew something that y/n didn't.

That ninja from Amekagure was actually Iruka testing Team 7 to see if they were ready for the exam. All four of the Genin had passed that little test, though y/n may have gone a little far with beating down the disguised Iruka.

'Oh dear, I'll give the young one a fruit basket later as an apology. I really should've warned him about getting me involved.' Granny chuckled to herself, "Oh my, there's the rest of your team! Hello there!"

The rest of Team 7 had been gathered outside of the academy, waiting for y/n to arrive before they entered.

Upon spotting y/n and Granny, Naruto's eyes lit up and he ran over to greet them, "Y/n! Granny!"

Y/n immediately got into a defensive position with a, "You can't fool me!!! Back away from my Granny or else you're gonna get it!!!"

Naruto skidded to a halt, "What's with the hostility?"

Y/n was growling like a rabid animal but stopped when Granny patted her arm with a, "Calm down, y/n. This is the real Naruto. You've got no reason to worry."

The oni girl narrowed her eyes at Naruto then pointed with a, "Alright then! You've gotta answer three questions to prove you're the real Naruto!"

"I can do that!" Naruto exclaimed, "I'll answer every single one and you'll know I'm the real me! Believe it!"

"Hah! We'll see about that!" y/n scoffed, "What was the first thing I said to you when we first met?"