~~~~~~~~~~~~~♤Chapter 1♤~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

♔Third Person: POV♔

The echoes of footsteps could be heard throughout town. Rain softly pattering against her cloak, her mind set on one place alone. Making her way through the cobblestone streets, faint Jazz music is audible against the night air. She stops and looks up at the bright red neon letters arched above her, it reads 'Everfall's Casino'.

"They sure got creative with that name." The girl mutters under her breath.

She trudges up the grey marble steps, foliage and plants decorating the rims of tall and slim windows, she ambles towards a revolving door and enters the casino.

There is a reception at the front, a small red carpet leading towards it. Two large doors sit open behind each side of the counter. She did have to admit they had an eye for decor, her eyes darted around capturing every small detail in the room, as if looking for an escape route, her eyes finally landed upon a short figure.

☆???: POV☆

She looks bored, her eyes scanning through the pages of a book with a deep red leather cover, she looked up as she heard footsteps approaching. The mystery receptionist, I finally managed to get a better look at her. She had tan skin, tied-back dark brown hair and a pair of cerulean blue eyes. But her most outstanding features were the halo floating above her head and the pearly white wings situated on her back. A small intrigued smile spreads across her face as she finally speaks up.

"Hey kiddo, isn't it past your bedtime?" The receptionist asked mockingly.

"No, actually I'm here to play." My voice calm, irritation leaking into it slightly. I hate being called a kid... well I mean I am, but still it's annoying I'm 17! Almost an adult and I want to be treated that way.

She cocks an eyebrow, her smile growing.

"Well it's nice to see younger people here for a change! Normally we just have a bunch of old fucks hanging around the place, so this is a nice change of pace." She chuckles at her own commentary.

"So does the cloaked kid have a name?" She asked jokingly and yet curiosity could also be heard in her voice.

"Miracle." I reply and she simply nods "What is yours ma'am?"

"Woah kid listen I know I'm not that much taller than you! But I ain't fucking ancient either!" She states in a humorous tone "But, uh, you can call me Chubby."

"..."

"..."

"Pardon?" I ask again hoping I misheard.

"Chubby" She says again I stand there in slight disbelief.

"No offence m'a- Chubby but that is quite an... odd name." She shrugs and replies

"So is Miracle, but I'm not standing here asking you a bunch of shitty questions." She looks back at me, grins as she pushes the doors open to reveal the main casino, the principal attraction of Everfall (The name of the actual city in which the casino is located.)

We walked past the tables, some were casual where one could just sit down and enjoy themselves and others were where you could gamble your life away.

"You know though, Chubby isn't actually my real name, it was a nickname given to me by my friends." She says out of nowhere, my ears perk up.

"But you aren't Chubby at all so why call you that?" I ask, she simply chuckles slightly.

"Cause they suck" She keeps chuckling.

"I don't think we're that bad." A new femmine voice presents itself and it's standing right behind me, my body quickly whips around and I come face to face with the new stranger.

She was definitely taller than Chubby, maybe by a couple of metres. Her blonde hair was tied back in a small and messy ponytail, bright lime green eyes, peach skin, two red horns placed a couple inches above her ears. Wings the colour of something slightly darker than blood, leathery looking, sprouting from her back, long and narrow. Finally she sports a long tail with fire at the tip of it, coloured crimson red. She has a smirk on her face.

"Take a picture it will last longer" Her smirk grows and I could feel my cheeks colouring up.

"I'm sorry for staring at you." I look down in slight shame and try to hide my pink cheeks.

"Hey calm down, you're not in trouble kid! Besides, it's better if I'm the one to remind you than one of the old slugs that roam around this place." She grins at me and I simply nod my head in return. She puts a hand on my shoulder and keeps walking me around the casino.

"So..." She begins "Why are you here?"

"To win." I state

"Feeling confident are we."

"I have confidence in my luck."

"You know what I meant though, someone as young as you could only be here for two reasons, the first being because you think it would be fun to try out gambling or two you don't have another method to make money." I'm a little taken aback, but I quickly recover.

"I'll stick with option three" I say, she cocks an eyebrow at my response.

"Option three?"

"The option that I keep that sort of information to myself." I reply smugly. I looked up at her, her face a mixture of amusement and confusion as a bewildered smile spread across her face.

"Does the cocky child have a name?" She asks with amusement.

"Will I get your name in return?"

"Only if I get an answer."

"Miracle." She bobs her head almost as if taking in this new information.

"My name is Sashushi, although I prefer to go by Sash for short since people often butcher my name."

"It's better than being known as Chubby." Chubby grumbles mockingly.

"Oh, you're still here?" Sash asks in a joking manner, Chubby scoffs and acts mad as she places a hand over her heart.

"You really thought you could get rid of me that easily, Sashie?" Chubby now acts hurt and bats her eyes and she steps closer to Sash. Sash playfully rolls her eyes and pushes Chubby slightly away as she says.

"I was hoping I did."

"Oh Sashie, always so cruel to me!" Chubby continues with her heartbroken act.

"Okay Hamlet, chill out, why don't we offer our newcomer here a drink on the house?" Sash says as she finally retracts her other hand from my shoulder.

As we all start walking in the direction of the bar. I take this opportunity to analyse my surroundings, most of the wood is spruce with foliage scattered here and there to give colour to the mostly red and black place.

The floors are carpeted black and dotted with stars mimicking a sort of galaxy pattern, the normal tables are round and have 1-4 chairs around them, they're decorated with white cloths with a gold trim at the bottom.

The tables also had lanterns placed on them, it sort of looked romantic honestly, maybe the owner was into this sort of odd aesthetic - not that I minded it at all - I must have been spacing out for too long because soon enough Sash was snapping her fingers in front of my face until I blink back to reality.

"Ah sorry, I was just admiring the place." I say still glancing around.

"I can't blame you, this place is quite charming isn't it? That's what makes Everfall's Casino the best casino in the region!" She declares dramatically.

"Only in this region? What is not good enough for the entire world?" I ask jokingly.

"It's a work in progress but one day it will be!" She said, laughing slightly.

We finally came to halt arriving at the bar and standing there was a figure slightly taller than me. They had short light blonde hair, light blue eyes, pinkish skin, cream coloured rabbit ears and a bushy tail.

"So, what will it be for you?" They asked with a slightly unsettling smile.

༺༻✦༺༻✧༺༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✧༺༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✧༺༻✦༺༻✦༺༻