~~~~~~~~~~~~♧Chapter 4♧~~~~~~~~~~~~~

♤Sash's: POV♤

I leave the scene following behind Chip, I glance over my shoulder to see Miracle being held tightly by Rainbow whilst Jaza looks slightly concerned and yet angered by her actions, Chubby just looks pissed, looking as if she could explode and release a chain of curses at any moment.

Chip goes to sit down and I push the door shut. I hear his fists collide with his desk, oh no, he is definitely angry.

"That child thought she could really walk into my casino, cheat and come out scott free?" Chip starts.

"So it would appear." I reply calmly, still annoyed by the situation.

"I'm going to kill that child." Chip says venom laced in his voice, my ears perk up at this comment as I am shocked to hear such words pouring from his mouth.

"Woah isn't that a bit extreme? She is still a child Chip!" I try to reason with him, sure she cheated and that's the one thing Chip hates most - aside from liars - and it never ends well for those who are caught.

"Sash, she broke my only rules, the only things that I despise most in this crumbling world!"

"I am fully aware of that! Though she is a child, and clearly one with financial issues. What other reason would she come here for?!" I try to reason, if I wanted to convince him I would have to play my cards right.

Chip isn't the same person when he's angry, a true wild card if you may, most of the time he's one of the most laid back people you will ever meet but cross him the wrong way and suddenly you are knocking on death's door.

"It doesn't matter, I should ask Rainbow to kill her right then and there! Do you know how much money she would have walked away with?!" He continues to shout, clearly not listening to me, his thoughts clouded by emotions.

"What makes her different?" I suddenly ask.

He goes quiet.

"What?" He asks his voice calmer and curiosity peeking through, clearly intrigued by my question.

"What makes her different?" I repeat.

"Sashie what do you mean?"

"What I mean is what makes her different from us? Because if I remember clearly I was that kid once Chip, a cheater who strolled in here with a goal that was far too daring and yet here I am still alive."

"..." He's silent, I might just win this.

"So why not invite her to join us? Add another pawn to your board, the more people working in Everfall the better no?"

"Sashie I can't do that and you know it."

"Yes you can, the kid's got potential she did manage to fool the majority of us-"

"Except for me."

"Except for you, but she is also small, she could be used for sneaking, spying, and in close combat she has potential. I can see it and I know you can too." The room falls silent, the tension so thick you could cut it with a knife.

Chip suddenly stands up and walks over to me. I stay put.

He stops a few inches away from me, his figure towering over my own, and yet no words are being exchanged as he stares down into my eyes, his eyes now showing debate and confusion, anger still somewhat lingering but slowly fading away.

"I hate it when you're right." He says as he looks away from me, cutting the silence.

I simply smirk in response.