~~~~~~~~~~~♤Chapter 9♤~~~~~~~~~~~

♧Rainbow's: POV♧

A tired look covered Chip's face, he sounded angry but considering I was delivering his breakfast I'm used to it, Miracle on the other hand looked terrified as if he were about to shoot her at any second. This sight of her terror brought me strange satisfaction. I had to resist the urge to smile at the childs terror.

I calmly strode over to Chip's desk and placed the tray down. He immediately grabbed the coffee and chugged it, he slammed it back onto the desk and to my surprise it didn't break.

"Ah, nothing better to start the day off with than a good cup of coffee!" Chip exclaimed, returning back to his laid back happy self, I glanced over at Miracle who looked like her soul had left her body. I'm surprised she hadn't toppled over by now.

"So now that that's out of the way let's get down to business shall we?" Chip says kicking his feet up onto the desk, Miracle gives a small nod, I could see the beads of sweat starting to form across her forehead.

"Today...-" Chip puts on a dramatic tone.

"You will be-" He is so extra.

"Handling reception with Chubby!" He says with an innocent smile, but I caught the sinister look in his eyes. He knew Chubby and Miracle were not... On good terms to say the least.

I looked over at Miracle, all the colour from her face vanished with the snap of a finger. She looked mortified, quite literally shaking in her seat. I almost felt bad... almost.

"Okay now, shoo shoo, I've got boring paperwork and planning to do, so." He shooed us away and I helped Miracle up from her seat. I could still feel her shaking as she followed me out the door.

Once the door had shut, the girl collapsed on her knees before flopping sadly onto the carpeted floor.

"Woah, you okay?" I asked slightly worried about the goat girl, was she seriously going to just die now?

"Do I look okay?!" She looks back up at me, fear clearly present in her eyes "I'm going to die, this is it, this is the end for me, I can't die now I gotta- I gotta help my-" I slap her across her face.

"Calm down your being hysterical." I look calmly at her, as she rubs the red imprint, looking up at me in shock. Soon her face morphed into one of anger.

"Hysterical? Hysterical?! When is fearing for your life considered hysterical?! That girl may look like an angel but I wouldn't be surprised if she ruled the seven rings! She makes Sash look like less of a demon and she is an actual demon!" Miracle shouts out to me, obviously I don't flinch. I mean come on, it's me.

Her shouting finally dies down.

"Are you done yet?" She slowly nods her head, "Listen you won't die, I'll make sure of it besides if Chubby actually kills you she'd get in immediate trouble."

"H-huh?"

"Chip has ordered you to work here, if someone killed one of his pawns he wouldn't be happy and I think you know what 'Wouldn't be happy.' looks like." She nods her head, most likely recalling the events from last night. "So either way you will not be harmed. Will you be threatened? Absolutely. Killed? No chance." She finally seems to have calmed down, especially after hearing those words. She breathes out a heavy sigh.

She starts walking away which makes me extremely confused.

"Umm where are you going?" She stops dead in her tracks and slowly turns to me, her mouth opens and she utters.

"Honestly I don't know if it just felt right to walk away." I look at her, my face remaining neutral. I pause to think, sending her to work with Chubby would be instant annihilation.