~~~~~~~~~~~♧Chapter 28♧~~~~~~~~~~~

♤Sash's: POV♤

-----------------------------------------♙Earlier♙-----------------------------------------

I watched as Chubby left the kitchen, I sighed to myself knowing that somehow something would go off course, yet I still crossed my fingers in hope to be proven wrong. I went out and did what I do best to make conversation with guests. I managed to convince quite a few to take more risks and push them for higher earnings. Of course this meant that in the end they would just owe us more.

I then spot Miracle speaking to our target and directing him at the bar. Is she a distraction? Does she know how to distract? Wasn't she supposed to be learning from Chubby? I keep observing everything from afar. There seemed to be a moment of tension although I think Jaza cleared that up.

"Are you also wondering why they stuck Miracle in your job when she's supposed to learn from Chubby?" I felt my soul leave my body and resisted the urge to scream. I turned around to see Rainbow standing there with the same blank look.

"Don't sneak up on me like that!" I whispered.

"Sorry."

"You better be."

"Not really."

"Rude." I spat out.

"Dumb." They responded without missing a beat.

"Tall ass."

"No ass."

"Fuck you."

"No thanks, I have standards." They gave me a shit eating grin and I so wanted to grab their tray and smack it in their face.

"I'll have you know I reach plenty of people's standards!"

"Then they must have some pretty low ones." They quip back.

At this point we drop our childish argument as we focus back on Miracle who is leaving with the target and after a minute we see Chubby sprint off followed by Jaza.

"Wanna take a break?" I ask.

"Sure, give me a minute though I need to ask one of the other staff to take over Jaza and Chubby's shifts." Rainbow walked off meanwhile I made quick conversation trying to get a little extra work done. A minute or two later Rainbow came back and with that we headed off to my office to take a break. Although our breaks tended to last 1-3 hours since we often got carried away in conversation.

As we enter my office Rainbow goes to sit down and kicks back and takes this opportunity to relax a bit.

"These last days have been crazy huh?" I take off and hang up my tie and sleeveless vest. I flop next to Rainbow letting out a groan and stretching my arms and back.

"Couldn't put it in better words." They closed their eyes.

"Why wasn't Miracle handling a firearm if she's supposed to work under Chubby?" I questioned.

"Chip ordered it."

"But wasn't he also the one to assign her the post of working under Chubby?"

"Yeah, I think we all found it slightly strange."

"That man has to be one of the most confusing people I have ever met."

"There's probably someone weirder."

"I couldn't possibly imagine what they would be like." I tried picturing this illusive stranger.

Just then the door burst open, startling us both.