~~~~~~~~~~~♧Chapter 12♧~~~~~~~~~~~

♡Chubby's: POV♡

Today's been nothing but bad. Losing my basic five hours of sleep and having that little double-dealing she-devil sit next to me at breakfast gave me no hope for this day to get any better.

Seriously, I think I caught a disease or something from having to breathe the same air as her.

And, having to put on that sickly sweet voice for Chip's 'special guest' over the phone was nauseating. Who calls a casino at nine in the morning?

I still can't believe they're giving goat-kid a chance, we're supposed to be scamming idiots out of their money, not the other way around.

Feet propped up, swivelling in the red chair behind the reception desk, I mull over the sticky notes filled with dates of Chip's meetings for the week. Waiting for hungover players to stumble through the door, begging for a chance to get their money back.

"Ahem." Someone clears their throat. I turn to see Rainbow standing stern-faced, as usual, with a nervous Miracle shuffling her feet behind them.

"What do you want, Rainbow."

"You and Miracle are going to be working together." They say, pushing Miracle forward.

"What is she doing here?" I spit through my teeth, glaring daggers at her.

"As I've already stated, she is here to work with you." I'm rendered to a state of disbelief ...what... the actual... hell.

"Rainbow I have never wanted to hear you say 'I'm just kidding' more in my life."

"Well, the harsh reality is that in life you don't always get what you want."

"There is a catch though..." Someone says barely above a whisper nearly impossible to hear, it took me a second to realise Miracle was the one to speak.

"What do you mean 'A catch' ?"

"W-well I-"

Rainbow's voice suddenly cuts through.

"She'll be working during the day and you'll be working in the evening but you have to give her a two minute walk through of how 'receptioning' works around here."

"Th-That's it?" I ask in disbelief, ok maybe this wasn't such bad news after all if it meant that my work time will be cut, plus I would only have to interact with the kid for like two minutes.

"Actually, no, there is one more thing."

Aw man.

"You do have to spend 1 hour working together in between the shift swap."

"You have got to be joking with me."

"Do I look like I 'joke around'?"

"I mean yeah, especially when you've had a couple of drinks, then you can become fun real quickly!"

"Do not stray away from conversation."

"I wish I could, now I've got to spend 1 hour, everyday, with a goat kid!"

"It's only one week."

"Only one week, why the hell only one week?!"

"You sound disappointed."

"Haha yeah 'disappointed', why even one week in the first place."

"Chip is having Miracle try out our positions for the following weeks. Your job just happens to be the first she tries out."

"Fan-fucking-tastic!" I threw my arms into the air, a new wave of anger washing over me. "Why couldn't it have been yours, or Jaza or Sash's jobs. Why mine?!" Rainbow merely stares at me and shrugs.