~~~~~~~~~~~~♕Chapter 6♕~~~~~~~~~~~~

☆Miracle's: POV☆

"Welcome to the team... Dandelion" Chip grins.

I felt like I was about to pass out at any moment; my heart beating so fast like it would jump out of my chest. We finally stop shaking hands and Chip goes over to Sash whispering something in her ear, their eyes met and she nods, taking in his information. Chip strides over to the door ready to leave.

He turns to look at us one last time. Hand on the doorknob.

"I'll be heading to bed, I suggest you do too. It's quite late and it's been quite an exciting night." He turns back and leaves.

I could see Rainbow, Jaza and Chubby peeking into the room. Rainbow had no emotion, 'Typical' I thought, Jaza looked almost... relieved? Chubby was straight up disappointed, she'd probably hoped to have found the room painted red with my blood, the thought of it sent shivers down my spine.

Sash sent a glare their way Jaza and Chubby guilty look away.

"Come on kid let's get you settled in." Sash pats my head smiling warmly

I grin back, giving her a simple nod.

I got up and followed Sash out of the room and through the casino, which was now empty and quiet unlike before.

We finally stopped at a staircase, red carpet lining the otherwise white marble stairs, Sash started to go up signalling for me to keep following. I traced my hands over the railings. They were made of spruce wood and had carvings of hearts, diamonds, spades and clubs on them.

When we finally reached the top, I could see a corridor of rooms.

"I didn't know people could sleep here." I say surveying the hall, strolling at the same time.

"First adding rooms for people to stay in gives us extra money since they have to be paid to rent and, two, we added them during the casino tournaments so guests could stay instead of having to go to a hotel."

"Tournaments?"

"Yep, tournaments once every year one casino in the region invites the top group from the other casino to partake in a series of games whichever wins all the games is declared winner gets a nice sum of money and the number one ranking in the region for best casino."

"Woah, have you guys ever won?"

"Duh, how else would we be acclaimed as the best casino in the region?"

"Right, I should've known sooner, how many tournaments have you won?"

"Around three so far it took awhile due to our group taking some time to form."

Sash finally stops in front of a door.

"Wait out here for a minute."

She walks into the room. I can hear shuffling and the noise of fabrics rubbing against one another. When Sash finally walks out she's cradling a bundle of clothes.

"Come on, let me bring you to your room." I nod in response as we turn to walk back down the other side of the corridor.

A million thoughts run rampant through my brain. 'Is Sash still mad?', 'Do they hate me?', 'Will Chubby break into my room during the night and gouge my eyes out?' so many thoughts and yet no answers.

My stream of never ending thoughts runs dry when Sash bumps into me.

"Umm, you ok?" She asks concerned as I rub my head.

"Ah, yes! Sorry I was just lost in thought." I smiled sweetly hoping she wouldn't pry any further, and luckily for me she didn't.

She takes a key out of the pocket and opens the room door. To reveal a average sized room it was cosy and already decorated it had a medium sized bed with red covers, the black wallpaper had specks of white splattered across it, mimicking the night sky, there was also a closet in one of the corners, a few potted plants here and there a small balcony, as well as another door which presumably lead to the bathroom.

It was the best room ever!

"Well are you going to go inside?" She looks down at me with a small smile, breaking me out of my trance. I smile back and nod, she proceeds to hand me the clothes she took out earlier.

"Here is your clothing, one of them is your uniform obviously, the other two are just t-shirts, one long sleeved, the other short, a short and jean, pyjamas and just something nice to wear on special occasions."

"Thanks Sash." She merely bobs her head and turns to exit the room quickly tossing the keys at me. I catch them thankfully considering I was holding multiple pieces of clothing, as her hand turns the doorknob I randomly blurt out.

"Do you hate me?" She stops dead in her tracks, slowly turning her head back to me.

"Pardon?" Her gaze came off as cold almost like this was something she would have rather not heard.

"D-do you hate me?" I ask again, she sighs irritably.

"Look I'm going to be honest with you Miracle-" My ears perked up, this was the first time she used my name instead of calling my kid or kiddo.

"I don't, I'm annoyed with you considering you got yourself into unnecessary trouble and are now roped into this entire scheme. This isn't an easy job you know? It takes a heck of a lot of time to get used to, even now I'm only beginning to adjust to this whole thing."

"I thought you've been doing this the longest?"

"Why do you think I'm the spy or lurer, because I'm good? Sure that may be part of the reason, but for the most part It's because the idea of taking someone's life away still disturbs me."

"..."

"See, this only proves that time doesn't mean shit. It's about who you are and what you believe in."

"If you don't like it, why are you here in the first place?"

"Do you really think that I walked in here one day got proposed this job and took it?"

"Well kinda, yeah." She sighs and takes in a deep breath.

"I was once like you Miracle, same age and all, came in here with too much confidence and a plan to cheat my way to victory. Yet when caught I was spared because he saw something in me... potential. Potential to do great things, he saw skills that no one else could and promised me a better life. Though he told me what would happen if I did accept and what would happen if I didn't. Stuck and with only two options, I took the latter half, so here I am now practically telling your story and for me reliving the past from an outside perspective."

Sash's words stunned me and left me speechless. I wanted to ask so much more like 'What was your reason for coming here?' or 'Do you regret your decision?' but no matter how hard I thought these things, they refused to leave my mouth.

"You better sleep now kid, it's pretty late." Was the last thing she said before she left me alone with nothing but my millions of questions.

When I finally started to function again I went to the bathroom and got into my new pyjamas, I walked over to my bed and got in. That's when I realised how warm and toasty this bed was as I snuggled closer to my blanket and curled up.

As I lay waiting for my body to power down for the night, more and more questions kept flooding my brain feeling like they were going to finally come pouring out of my mouth. But slowly my eyes grew heavy and soon I was sent into a deep sleep and a dream.

One about my dad.

༺༻✦༺༻✧༺༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✧༺༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✧༺༻✦༺༻✦༺༻