~~~~~~~~~~~♗Chapter 24♗~~~~~~~~~~~

☆Miracle's: POV☆

I stared intently at the clock hanging on the wall, my eyes following the ticking of its hands second by second. I had finished eating lunch with Jaza, Amara and Rainbow a while ago and now we were approaching early evening which meant that... I don't wanna finish that thought.

Lunch was definitely one of the best highlights of my day though! I had fun joking around and delicious food with the others, well except for Chip, Chubby and Sash.

Chip always dines alone from what I can assume, Chubby I hadn't seen at all since earlier this morning. Sash grabbed Chubby and her's lunches, so I can only presume that they either ate together or she just gave it to her and left to eat on her own.

Although my mind couldn't seem to stay distracted as my thoughts kept drifting back to the inevitable. Tonight, I was going to kill someone and that thought... It haunted me. My hands would become those of a killer... Then again I spent time with people who have killed others in cold blood, why didn't bother me that they have killed but terrified me that I will?

Am I afraid to truly become one of them? Fucking hell! I'm 17. Why am I worrying about this kind of shit at 17? I should be getting an education, spending time with friends and other normal things a person my age would do.

I splashed some water in my face and stared into the mirror, there was no escaping it. Tonight I Miracle Porter would become... A murderer.

"Miracle you done in there? We have to start getting ready now." Rainbow's monotone voice called from behind the bathroom door.

Caught off guard from the sudden voice I quickly scrambled towards the door and opened and was faced with Rainbow's tall figure.

"Yep all finished." I gave them a weak smile and moved past them to where the other three were hanging out. I joined them as we stood in a circle, we kinda looked like a cult. Although I wouldn't be too surprised if they told me this place was a secret cult society in disguise.

"Do you know who's going to be sent out tonight?" Chubby's voice reeled me back into the conversation.

"You and Miracle that's a given but, I can't be too sure if any of us three are going to be assisting." Sash says nonchalantly, how can they not be phased by this? Oh wait they've been doing this for a long time now, I really am an idiot.

"I don't know if I'm comfortable bringing her along with me. I don't have the best experience bringing newbies to a shootout." Chubby says, looking at me from the corner of her eyes.

"That was a long time ago Briar, times change and I doubt it would happen twice.

What happened a long time ago? Why is Chubby so hesitant to bring me along? So many questions and yet I never get answers.

"Yeah but she hasn't even had practice handling a gun yet! It would be dangerous for her to go into one of these having no prior knowledge of handling a firearm!"

"Who says she will be handling a weapon? I'm sure Chip has a reason for sending her out." Rainbow interjects, their voice holding its usual calm tone.

"Let's hope he does." I heard Chubby mutter under her breath, just then Chip walked in with a smile on his face and a spring in his step. He seemed awfully cheery for such a grim situation.

"Good evening staff hope you're all doing well!" He approached the five of us, we had now formed a spaced out clump instead of a cultist circle.

"Now!" He clapped his hands together "As you all know I have a mission for you tonight, specifically Jaza, Chubby and our newest recruit Miracle!" The room fell into silence, he awkwardly coughed and moved on.

"I hope you remember what your mission is because I won't be repeating it, Jaza I need you to spike his drink y'know give him something that will have the guy loose and carefree." Jaza gives a curt nod he turns to Chubby "You need to get your guns and posi-"

"Which kind?" Chubby interrupts, her blank devoid of all emotion. She seemed to be in total concentration.

"You know a small one, no sniping today, I want something you can easily carry around and hide. You need to wait at the back alley in between Cedar and Linden street." She also nodded her head.

"Now Miracle... You won't be handling any firearms today-" I thought I saw Chubby breathe out a sigh of relief but I couldn't be too sure. "But you will be responsible for leading our guest to the intended spot. After that I'm sure Chubby knows what will need to be done, a quick bullet to the head should do the trick." He spun around on his heel and walked away but before he was out of sight I called out to him.

He paused in his steps and turned to me.

"Yes Miracle...?" He had a slightly annoyed edge in his voice and his eyes were narrow slits. I audibly gulped, I was thinking of backing out to dismiss my question but, I was already committed to saying it. I promised myself I would get braver.

"I won't be killing anyone tonight?" I tried my best to sound confident but my voice still wavered.

"No." He said, his answer simple and to the point.

I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding.

"But." my attention snapped back to him "If something unfortunate were to happen, who says you won't?" I gave a sickly smirk one that spoke volumes, it made chills run down my spine like waves on a stormy sea, I felt sick to my stomach.

With that he left, we were all stunned into silence, well that's what assumed at least. For one I know I was 'If something unfortunate were to happen, who says you won't?' the way he said it so casually made my knees weak at the prospect of ending somebody's life.

I felt someone place a hand on my back. I look up to see Rainbow who's returning my gaze. No words were exchanged but I knew exactly what they were asking, I subtly nodded to answer their question. Their hand leaves my back and we are left in a brief silence.

"Okay no more standing around we have a mission to complete." Chubby breaks the silence, she starts walking off and motions for me to follow J trailing behind also.

Jaza walks besides me Chubby ahead of us and out of earshot, I take this opportunity to ask Jaza about Chubby's slightly off behaviour.

"Hey J what's up with Chubby? Why is she so... focused?" I whisper, Jaza looks down at me, our eyes meeting before they glance back at Chubby and respond to my question.

"I'm not supposed to say this but, let's just say that there was an incident a long time ago where we found ourselves in a similar situation. It didn't end well and Chubby blames herself for it, we've tried telling her it isn't her fault though she begs to differ."

"What was the incident?"

"That I can't say, it isn't my information to disclose. If you really want to know you'll have to ask Chubby. Although I doubt she'll want to say anything about it."

"You said it was a similar situation... Does that mean there was someone like me before I came, and something happend to them?" Jaza tensed up at this, they didn't dare to meet my eyes. They were clearly thinking of what to say next because if they didn't, shit would hit the fan.

"I can't say." As all they told me, I was about to further question them and prie for information but I was cut off by Chubby.

"Welcome to the Hephaestus Miracle." She stopped in front of a wall.

"Hephaestus? Isn't that the god of weapons in Greek mythology? Also why are we standing in front of a wall?" She gave me a slight smirk before pressing a button.

The wall parted revealing a room full of weapons and other deadly equipment from potions to rocket launchers.

My jaw physically dropped at the sight.

Chubby spread out her arms presenting this room of deadly equipment and smugly announcing.

"Now let's get ready for this mission."

✦༺༻✧༺༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✧༺༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✧༺༻✦