~~~~~~~~~~~♢Chapter 27♢~~~~~~~~~~~

♢Jaza's: POV♢

After I had seen Miracle leave with our target I quickly snuck out of the bar and asked one of the other employees to cover for me. With that I was off I sprinted down the hallway making sharp turns, I could feel the friction of feet colliding against the carpeted floors. I could tell I was almost there because I saw Chubby sprinting too. She came to a sudden halt which made me almost crash into her due to my momentum, luckily for us that disaster was avoided.

"You came here quickly." I say breathless from that intense sprint.

"Yeah well, what can I say, except for, I am speed." She says, oddly, that she wasn't breathless though. That's when I saw something peeking out from her pocket and before she could say anything I swiftly grabbed it. She tried prying it out of my hands but my extra height made it a little more difficult for her.

I analysed the small glass bottle, which still had liquid inside. I uncorked it and spilt a drop on my finger. I raised it towards my mouth and in one final attempt Chubby said.

"Wait, don't do–!" Too late, the small drop of liquid on my tongue and suddenly the rush of energy swept through me. I immediately knew what this was, the sweet taste of sugar and the burning of blaze powder made all too obvious. I was pissed.

"You stole one of my pots?!" I whisper yelled, glancing around to see if anyone was watching us.

"Listen, I know you're probably mad." Chubby said sheepishly.

"Mad?! Mad doesn't begin describing how I feel, do you know how hard it is to get your hands on blaze powder?!" If smoke could come out of my ears it would, pots or potions were incredibly hard to make. These have existed for hundreds of years now, mostly utilised in wars though they can be an alternative to medicine but not an extremely reliable one.

These days pots weren't exactly... legal. Then again I work here. Most of my work isn't exactly legal.

"I just thought it would be a good idea to bring one, a little speed would aid us!" Chubby retorts. I can't believe she used such a bland excuse, it's worse than the last one she used.

"How did you even get your hands on this one?" I let out a huff of annoyance.

"You thought you were clever disguising them as alcohol bottles in your room. One stupid flaw in your thinking. You don't drink, well not anymore at least." Chubby mutters the last part but I caught wind of it regardless.

"How did you have the time to grab one? Last I checked the reception is further away than the bar." I opened Hephaestus's doors, afterall we weren't gonna stand there all night we still had a mission to complete.

"I grabbed that one a while ago, I stashed it under the reception desk." Chubby walked in and grabbed pistols that had been laid out.

I let out a sound of disbelief at this revelation and just shaked my head in disappointment. We close the door behind us and run up the winding staircase, our footsteps echoing throughout.

We reach the rooftop where we are greeted by the cold night air, we take a moment to admire the view, watching the city and all its lights illuminating the dark blue sky. I look over at Chubby who seems to be in deep thought.

"We should get going now, we wouldn't want Miracle to arrive before us and the plan goes wrong." Without vene looking at me she nods and turns towards the edge of the roof. She stands on the ledge and jumps down and I follow suit, we start jumping from roof to roof the wind whipping by us as we run under the moonlight.

Hopefully we arrive in time.

☆Miracle's: POV☆

I approached the ally Mr.Lux in tow, I am praying that this is the right one or else I risk not only Chubby's wrath but also Chips and maybe Jaza's.