~~~~~~~~~~~♔Chapter21♔~~~~~~~~~~~

☆Miracle's: POV☆

"I've got a mission for you all."

My heart sinks at the news and a pit of dread settles in my stomach, I can hear murmuring from the rest of the group. The only other sound in the room was the ticking of an analog clock that was perched precariously on a wall. I didn't even need to look at them to know their eyes were fixated on me, I could practically feel them burning at the back of my head.

I swallow thickly, we were all awaiting for Chip to continue speaking after dropping this bomb on us or well me.

"Well you're taking this news better than I thought you would Miracle! Thought you would pass out again, like when Chubby had kindly told you the truth." I could Chubby snicker at the last part before a soft smack and an 'ow' that soon followed.

The room descended into silence again, awaiting Chip's very word.

"Now to get on to what this mission is actually about!" Chip happily clasps his hands together and expresses joyfully "You see someone from Casino Caveron seemed to have slipped in the previous night and took quite the large sum of money from us, and you know how that makes me feel, that we were robbed whilst our backs were turned." Everyone nodded their heads slowly, not daring to interrupt the aggravated Chip who was trying to cover his frustration with a smile and laugh.

"Therefore, Chubby, Rainbow and Miracle! You three will be in charge of getting rid of that nuisance and sending our dear friends at Caveron a message."

Kill, I'm going to have to kill someone. I felt myself shaking, why couldn't I be stronger, why did I cheat, why the hell am I still here? I wanted to tear my hair out, to scream, just do anything but kill. I wasn't ready, I've only been here for two days?!

"With that said I must send you off to work this morning, I trust that you'll figure out the rest of the details!" He says with a smile still plastered on his face, he ushers us out of his office and now we're all just standing out in the middle of the hallway, in silence.

The silence is suddenly interrupted when Jaza clears their throat.

"So Miracle how-uh- How are you feeling?" I turn to look at them, my expression neutral but my skin was paler due to the amount of fear simply coursing through my body.

"I'm screwed." Is all I can muster to say, then I heard laughing and not just anyone laughing no, this was Chubby who was laughing. Of fucking course!

"Jeez you'll be fine kid, I'll make sure of it." Were my ears deceiving me, cause I swear I just heard Chubby say something actually nice.

Everyone just dipped into silence and stared at Chubby.

"Why are you all looking at me like that?" She asked, confused, her eyes darting back and forth between all of us.

"So-" Jaza began.

"Well-" Sash followed.

"Basically-" Rainbow added on.

"Why are you being nice?" I finally asked since no one else seemed to be able to form the words.

"Sure that's one way to put it." Rainbow states Jaza and Sash nodding their heads in agreement.

Now it was Chubby's turn to be silent, I looked at her expectantly.

She takes a deep breath and suddenly I'm bracing for whatever comes out of her mouth because last time that happened I weirdly fainted. Wait, why did I faint? Nevermind save that question for the archives.

"Because if I don't make sure everything is going to plan, if I am not 100% certain that no of us are going to get hurt then-" She paused I looked into her cerulean blue eyes normally I would blazing fires of rage amongst the calm blue but, at this moment they seemed dimmer. They looked as if something else was lurking behind it all, I couldn't quite pinpoint it but it almost seemed like... Hurt.

"Then-" She clears her throat "Then I might fail the mission and disappoint Chip!" Her tone changed and she spoke as if failing would be a major inconvenience yet her eyes were telling a different story. One that I may or may not find out.

Everyone else had been pretty quiet and even looked slightly uncomfortable, I could practically feel there wanting to reach out for Chubby and comfort her. But... Why?

Suddenly Rainbow clears their throat. "We should probably start getting to work now. Miracle, remember that you have to work at reception."

"Aye aye captain!" I mock a salute Rainbow just rolls their eyes at this.

Everyone separates in their own directions, I proceed to head to the front desk. I go behind the counter and plop myself down on a spruce wood stool with a red leather padding, I gently trace the creaks and dents before paying attention to the revolving door. My eyes glued to it like a predator watching its prey.

Around an hour later I started getting bored, like really bored. I spun around and did what I do best, overly analyse my surroundings. I noticed a small bookshelf and small potted plants perched on its shelves, old antique looking books, their spines in mint condition but the covers and pages slightly tattered with age and use. There were your typical succulents but one caught my eye a white and purple flower and upon closer inspection there wasn't soil but a powdery looking rock material instead.

It was strange to say the least but nonetheless pretty. The shelf was made of a dark oak radom and small engraving littered it ranging from flowers, hearts, smiley faces and less then appropriate words and drawings. I chose to ignore those ones. Leather bound books decorated the bookshelf too ranging from the colours of red, brown, green and everything in between, some even had gold painted on their spines which glimmered in the lights.

There were also antique looking items like a small clock and an unlit lantern. In my analytical daze I hadn't heard the Casino doors open but instead was pulled away from my trance when the ding of a bell made itself present.

I heard someone clear their throat. I turned back around only to be met with a pair of crimson eyes.

Without thinking I blurted out "Oh it's you." I quickly slapped my hand over my mouth and started to profusely apologise. Amara just chuckled at my antics and dismissed my rudeness.

"So... Amara, what brings you back here?"

"Ah, well, you see as I left yesterday I realised that I hadn't checked if I had delivered the right load. So, I came back to check!" She smiled warmly.

Without missing a beat I shot back with "You sure it isn't to finish your discussion with Jaza?"

Her face turned a deep shade of purple and she seemed to freeze in place. Which was immediately followed by denial.

"I'm just messing with you." I smile trying to get her to stop her nervous rambling.

She put a claw-like hand to her chest and let out a breath she seemingly had been holding in "Oh, alright then um well, I will see you around I must now head off and find one of your coworkers."

"Alright then bye Amara!" I waved her off but just before she could leave I quickly added "Jaza's at the bar by the way."

I turned back around and from my peripheral vision I could see her freeze slightly and the same purple tinting her cheeks again.

I snicker to myself, as I hear her footsteps echo away from and make her way to now I assume the bar.

I diverted my attention back towards the main revolving door. Either today was a slow day for business or people didn't play as much in the morning. I assumed it to be the first one, so I turned to the shelf and grabbed the first book in my reach. The leather cover was a beautiful deep blue with gold lettering embedded in the front, the spine was held together by a strip of caramel coloured leather.

I flipped the book open and started to indulge myself in the piece of literature.

༺༻✦༺༻✧༺༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✧༺༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✧༺༻✦༺༻✦༺༻