Chapter 29: Aunty?

"I'm home!"

With a slam of the door, he sets his shoes by the door.

Those damn paparazzi we're getting on his nerves, he can't even go to the shops without being swarmed by cameras. It wasn't even a valid win!

"Huh?" he raises his brow.

Bakugo notices, his mother has yet to yell about the slam. Before he could call out, another person appears. Who came to greet him was his father, a hand running through his hair and whites of his eyes redden.

"Dad..?"

"Come son, we need to talk" Masaru's voice was low, almost too hurt to speak.

Both go to the living room, there was both Mitsuki and Inko were beside one another, paperwork littered the coffee table and cups of tea were still steaming.

"Mom? Aunty?" he sets his book bag down, brows furrowed, and follows his father to sit down.

"Katsuki, look how much you've grown" the green-haired woman smiles through tears, handkerchief in hand.

"What's going on? I haven't seen you or uncle in years"

"It's not something we wanted to ever bring up, but" the blond woman lowers her head "but with Inko getting a letter, we can't hide this from you anymore, nor we should. We've kept you in the dark, this is not fair, to you or Izuku"

"What did he-"

"He didn't do anything" Midoriya shakes her head.

"Katsuki, I need you to listen to me, and save your opinions for after"

Seeing his father, a usually cheery man, remove his glasses and pinch the bridge of his nose, he only nods and shoulders tense.

"So you recall Izuku missing school when you two were kids?"

"Yeah, he missed a good few months, but you all said he was just sick"

"That was a lie, Katsuki" Mitsuki rests her hand over her friends, who only weeps silently, her own tears forming "your uncle Hisashi, he hurt little Zu in ways no child should, he also harmed you aunt too"

He opened his mouth to speak, but his father placed a hand on his shoulder, keeping them quiet.

"He was charged and sent to Tartarus for his crimes, and Inko had her own things to deal with. This left Izuku to be on the streets for years, and he evaded any attempt to bring him into custody for his own protection"

"..."

"We tried to reach out, but due to the courts, we were unable to contact him" the green-haired woman barely manages to speak.

"Even his status with his multi quirks were kept from the public, so Zu refereed to go by quirkless to keep a low profile from my understanding"

Swallowing hard, he glances at each adult in the room, his mind going a million miles per hour "why tell me now..?"

"He has accepted to be adopted by another man, which this is the letter to sign away parental rights" the brunette holds it up.

"We would never want yo involve you in this, but Inko don't have a choice anymore son"

"He was your closest friend growing up Katsuki, you might be the only one to get through to him" green eyes plea at the teen "please dear, make him change his mind, I don't want to lose him again"