Chapter 16: Soba Silence

+Ω+

'Everything will be ok Bunny, it's just you and me today'

× 'I-I-I k-know A-Akira, I-I'm t-t-trying n-not t-t-t-to panic... T-taking o-o-over t-the bo-body I-I-is s-s-s-scary'

'And you're doing great, and as Maigo says, baby steps are still steps. If you feel too overwhelmed, we can stop at any moment'

× 'O-ok'

+Ω+

With a deep breath and hand tightly on Mirai's leash, the shaking alter takes a step out of their home for the first time in almost a year. Poor Bunny had been the core at one point, they all deduce, as a result of that they develop severe conditions that could have them completely bedridden. Working with their psychotherapist over the years, Black had slowly gained more courage to do things around the house, and today he had decided to go for a walk without being prompt too.

The system gave him their full support internally, while Izuku would be keeping watch over him as a good younger twin would. Mirai was aware of each alter, so they were being extra lovey and gentle with him. They planned to go get him soba, and maybe a walk. And so, they were off.

With each new step they take, and Green talking to them about random topics, their shaking lessens. Bunny would giggle when Mirai found something interesting or said hello to a person to get pets. Everything was ok, they could manage today.

+7+V+7+Λ+7+

He eventually reaches a small shop that served all kinds of dishes, at the door his greeted by a girl, dressed in the shops uniform.

× Bunny gives a nervous smile "h-h-hello... a-a-are p-pets al-allowed?"

"Absolutely, come right in!"

Stepping into the vicinity, they go up to the bar and sit, looping the leash under the chair leg. Mirai was given water and a few snacks while he ordered a small bowl and tea. Akira said he would keep quiet now, but was still around if needed. That left Black to their thoughts, so much worry still under the surface. Once their food was in front of them, they thank the person and dug in, happy with the taste.

"Midoriya?"

Their heart feels like it stopped for a split second, they turn their head to the seat next to them and find a boy with split white-red hair. They had bags of groceries under their seat, so definitely were out running earns. If they knew their legal last name, that had to make them a classmate.

× "H-hello" he waves shyly, chopsticks shaking in their other hand; with no idea who the person was, they had to be very careful. But as he and their twin were very similar personality-wise, their shyness shouldn't bring up any red flags.

"Cute dog" they state, eyes on Mirai who was doing a sploot "what's their name?"

× "M-Mirai"

After that, the other teen ordered their food and both ate in an enjoyable silence. Both would share a glance now and then, but it didn't seem to bother each other. As they finished and paid at the same time, both (and dogo) leave the establishment.

+7+7+

Akira came out to take over for tired Bunny.

+Ω+

'You did amazing today' he cheers 'we are all so proud, right guys?'

'YES!' the other alters call out.

× 'T-t-t-thank y-y-you' their face was sure to be bright red.

+Ω+

"Thank you, Todoroki, your company was very much welcomed. I hope we can share another bowl sometime in the future... take care" tugging on the leash, Izuku and Mirai start heading home.

Shoto watches them until they are out of view, questions swimming in their mind for the rest of the day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Symbol system:

+7+7+ = switch

+7+V+7+Λ+7+ = next scene

+Ω+ = inside the headspace/talking to other alters

× = Bunny/Black

No symbol = Akira/Izuku/Green