Chapter 33: Thanks Dad

He stands in an empty voice, voices of people he knows filled the space, and his body gets echoes of the sensations of what was done to them years ago.

"Sorry Izuku, we cant have you kill yourself as a stupid 'hero', you're supposed to stay home with daddy "

"You have to listen to your father, you are not a hero, or I will force you to comply myself, young man!"

"I'm sorry Zu, but I or your uncle Masaru don't think it's a good idea, maybe you can be a doctor or police officer instead"

"Consider the implications of your condition, you all are not on the page to be working as one person yet"

"Ya know... If you want to be a hero that badly, there actually might be another way, just pray that you'll be born with a quirk in your next life and take a swan dive off the roof"

"I cannot simply say, 'You can become a hero without power.'. It's not bad to dream, but you also have to consider what's realistic, young man"

Tears fall down their face, they cry into their hands. They knew it was a stupid dream, they were too mentally unstable to even consider helping people like all the other heroes do, nor would their quirks be useful out in the field.

"Your nothing"

"Quirkless bastard"

"You should have died the night the police found you"

Their heart squeeze tightly, it was hurting to breathe. He falls to his knees. holding his head he lets out a scream-

Sitting up, they thrashed about as their voice cracked. Only to freeze as a pair of arms wrap around them, Toshinori having run into the room to see what had happened. The host sobs into their chest, he holds onto them for dear life.

"It's ok, it was only a nightmare" he tells him gently, rubbing their back "you all are safe"

The assurance was what he, they, desperately needed to hear. Their crying slowly eased over time, when their eyes could no longer cry.

"D-dad"

"Yes?"

"I'm scared" he looks down "I still remember how no one believed in us, what if their right?"

He rests a hand on their head, a smile appearing "the past is always painful, when words can't be taken back. And I'm deeply sorry, for not believing you all back then-"

Green eyes go wide.

"But I know now that you all will be amazing heroes, and not just me thinking so, young Kirishima, Todoroki, and Shinsou also believe. Many others will follow suit, you just have to keep smiling and moving forward"

At that, Mirai had decided to make an appearance, having finished their nightly rounds to protect the house. They jump onto the bed and snuggle up between them, splooting as they did so.

"See, even Mirai thinks so"

"R-right" he smiles "oh, do you know if she's signed yet?"

"We should be getting the response by the time we return to class, but don't worry about it too much, let us adults handle this ok"

"Even if she makes it hard to do, your our dad no matter what" he pets Mirai gently "and we're still changing our name no matter what"

"And you will always be my son, well, children, the lot of you" he laughs.