Chapter 4: Not Being Okay Is Also Okay P1

If it hadn't been for Ren switching out the moment they left the room, Izuku would have burst into the ugliest cry. Sure, their sensei had been rather neutral with the news, but they were sure it had to do more so with him not being knowledgeable. Regardless, it was probably the best response to the news they could have asked for.

♥ "What a wonderful day to be out, if not ruined by the media" they hum, making it into the school.

Not too far from the building entrance was their dear redhead, face focused on their phone. Ren took the chance and tiptoes behind him, covering the other's eyes with their hands. Kirishima freezes, getting a giggle from the alter.

♥ "Guess who~"

"Ren, obviously" he grins, turning his head to face the wide-eyed teen.

♥ "But I approached from behind!"

"Yeah, but the giggle gave it away. And the fact your voice is lilting compared to the others"

♥ They hug Kiri's arm "my Roisin is such a gentleman ~"

Kirishima rolls his eyes "flattery will get you nowhere"

♥ "I wouldn't dare do these things if previous experience agreed with you" they stick out their tongue at him, rather suggestively.

Shaking his head, he starts walking inside "how's everyone in the inner world?"

♥ They follow, hips sway unintentionally "everyone is doing quite well, I've been searching for the proper time to allow Joon to play"

"I can take him out for ice-scream, been missing the little dude"

♥ "We would all deeply appreciate the gesture" they smile brightly, blush gently colored their cheeks.

"And how are you?" he turns to the other, his smile dropping slightly.

♥ "Myself? I-"

"Ren" they stop, grabbing their arm "I know your good at hiding things, but, I'm pretty damn sure you're doing it now"

♥ They blinks "I'm truly not keeping anything from you"

"That's what you said last time"

♥ They look to the floor "I... harmed the body again... The waist and thighs..."

"I'm not mad Ren, I just want to know" he pleads.

♥ "I... I can't bear looking like this" their fist clench, glaring at the ground "It isn't that I detest Akira's appearance, on the contrary, his quite the looker..." they harshly wipe their tears with their sleeve "but I, the real one, is androgynous. I love my inside reflection... and I absolutely dread the fact the body doesn't reflect my internal self... I know I can do better, Mrs. Maigo tells me... and it's my role as protector to not do this... but..."

Kiri wraps his arms around the other "Ren, you know if you feeling low, you are always free to call me"

♥ "I'm aware" they return the embrace "but, the silence is deafening"

"Silence?" he steps back, concerned.

♥ "The others aren't around, I haven't heard anyone as of the day before..."

His shoulder's drop, but does his best to smile "we'll get through this together, ok"

♥ "Y-yes, thank you"

+7+V+7+Ʌ+7+

When Aizawa said the class needed a class representative, Ren went full Izuku and sunk into their seat. Their job, like the other alters, was to not bring attention to the system, becoming representative was very much the opposite. Their worries didn't last long. Theirs, Kiri and Ura's vote go to Iida. The blue-haired teen became rep with deputy Momo.

Now at lunchtime, Red had made the decision to find that purple hair boy from the other day. Eventually locating the teen at one of the last tables, eating alone. The alter comes up to the table, a smile on his face.

♥ "Is this seat taken?"

The tired-looking teen pauses his eating, lips thin "no"

♥ "Our previous meeting was far too short" they sit opposite to the other, their bowl of rice in front of them "my name is-"

"What do you want?"

♥ They didn't react to being interrupted "we wish to extend an invitation of friendship"

The teen looks beyond confused, unable to continue eating.

♥ They look off to the side "people talk, and not always the kindest of things"

"..."

♥ "Simply put, we disagree with their perception of what quirks are capable of" they turn back the purple-haired boy "quirks are not villainous, people are"

"So, you pity me" he glares.

♥ they shake their head "I'm merely stating my belief... But I won't lie, I know what it's like to be scrutinized for something out of our control, the loneliness that comes with it as well"

Both stayed quiet for a while, seeming to be lost in thought. Ren soon finished their rice (their only meal for lunch) and got up to leave.

"Shinsou"

♥ They turn to face him, a small smile on their face "Izuku" before walking away.

At least until the alarms went off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roisin = little rose

Symbol system:

+7+V+7+Λ+7+ = next scene.

♥ = Ren/Purple.