Chapter 18: Night Work

Warning:

If you find the topic of sex work or similar uncomfortable, please please please skip this chapter.

Though nothing graphic was depicted, I would still advise waiting for the next chapter if there is any uneasiness regarding the theme.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With a final stroke through the roots of their lashes and the smallest amount of clear gloss on the lips, they close their small makeup bag. Looking at themselves one last time in the mirror, making sure they were at their best.

A loose black shirt that shows their collarbone under a dark purple hoodie (for the chilly night), black skinny jeans with a grey belt, black and purple sneakers to match their outfit. Thin black choker around their neck with a playboy charm, small black studs on their ears. Three rings between both hands, two silver bands and a black one. A bit of shadow cool brown in the crease and under the eye, black liner as close to the lashes, and dark teal in the lower waterline, adding mascara and curl of the lashes to bring them out more.

♥ 'If only they'd let me dress the body more, I'd get us a partner in a heartbeat' they sigh wistfully, being very happy with how the body looks.

       + Ω +

♥ 'Is everything prepared on your end, Yuu?'

£ 'Yes, everyone was sent to bed'

♥ 'Alright, I am leaving now'

       + Ω +

Wallet, phone, smokes, a lighter, small mirror, and gloss was all they had on them, placed in the inside pockets of the sweater. They step out of their home and head to their corner for 'work'.

This was one of Ren's darkest secrets.

Although they worked for Maigo, the money she paid wasn't enough to live off of. Being the sexual alter, that was born from their first assault, made them numb to it to an extent. The pleasing of abusers and knowing how to perform such acts, after so long, was second nature. Yuu was the only person to know of this, so he did everything to hide this from the rest of the system.

Purple always felt so disgusted with themselves after they finished the night, but the money made it bearable. Perhaps, deep down, they used this as a form of punishment. Their need to be wanted and be able to physically please others were carved into them, but it also caused them so much guilt and pain. They damage their body and mind in this vicious cycle, their self-hatred was just under the surface.

They wish that, once they are heroes, they can leave this chapter behind and bury it in the deepest parts of their minds. Alas, they had to wait 3 more years, and even then, it wasn't concrete.

Leaning against the wall, they patiently wait for someone to come to them. This area was known for its sex workers, mostly girls with a guy here and there. Oddly enough, they all were tight nit and would watch each other's back; the sentiment was extended to the alter, who returns the favor. For the unfortunate ones to have pimps and were short, others would pitch in to save them. Some who had the chance would bring food and blankets, others needles, and medical supplies. It felt like they all were a family, in a sense.

It didn't take long for their first client to show up, an older woman in a very nice car. Green eyes scan over to the girls on the other side of the street, who look at the woman's face before giving a thumbs up. It indicated she was a (safe) regular. Ren sways over the window, leaning on it once it was down.

♥ "115 for 60" they cut to the chase, wanting to get it over with.

The woman points to her mouth and shakes her head.

♥ "You cannot speak, yes?"

She nods, then unlocks the door. They step in, knowing it was going to be a long night.

+7+V+7+Λ+7+

"Thanks, sugar, your always so gentle with my girls" the brunette smiles, helping the blond worker get dressed again.

♥ "No need, I am only trying to assist" the alter closes the first aid kit, setting it on the table.

"If you have someone to go home to, just know you have money shots in your hair and face" the blond chuckles.

♥ "I will be showering when I arrive home" taking out a cigarette and lighting it up, he hails sharply "I was forced to finish the person up quickly, so could not wash up"

"You're too nice to be working the streets sugar, have you managed to find something better?"

♥ "It will be three more years before that, but yes" they get up and stretch "do take care now, ladies"

+7+V+7+Λ+7+

With a huge sigh of relief, Ren tears up and burned the result papers. They hadn't gotten any ailments from their line of work, so they thank whatever was watching over them. The clinic personnel were very nice and discreet, even for someone that looked so young; they just provided their service and let them go without hassle. It was always a huge gamble; each new client was a new opportunity to damage their health.

For now, though, they put a large sum of money in their savings box. They spent the rest of their day training, as the sports festival was soon approaching. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Symbol system:

+7+7+ = switch

+7+V+7+Λ+7+ = next scene

+Ω+ = inside the headspace/talking to other alters

£ = Yuu/Blue - RP accent.

♥ = Ren/Purple