Chapter 31: Work together

"Hard to believe you broke out without much of a hassle"

"Yeah, but I would take my situation as the exception"

Between the cats that scattered the cafe, some joined them with loud purring and rubbing against them. Both Izuku and Hitoshi we're enjoying the downtime, having promised to meet up several weeks ago.

Ren was co-fronting, admiring the tired teen while their host did the talking, blushing like a schoolgirl.

They had arrived early, so to avoid the paparazzi that wanted to get information on them as upcoming heroes. As tense at the beginning was, they were glad the cafe staff had been respectful and remembered they were still kids, so they were left alone for the most part.

"Say, Aizawa-sensei had mentioned taking an interest in your training right?"

"Yes, we have similar quirks, so it's only natural"

"We can't wait for you to join the hero course! With your quirk, you will make a huge difference when combating large groups"

He lets out a sigh, rubbing his neck embarrassed "your too excitable you know"

"So I've been told"

"That doesn't explain the sudden change in behavior"

"H-huh?"

He proceeds to pet a cat that had jumped onto his lap, purple eyes staring back at green ones "I'm not an idiot, I know how people act around me, and you definitely we're giving two different reactions"

Both ALTERS jump at that "w-we didn-"

"SOMEONE HELP!"

"Hitoshi"

"Yeah, let's go"

Both set their payment on the table, they run out of the building.

Down the street and to the alleyway, people were gathering to spectate the commotion. Pushing through the crowd, they finally see what was going on.

A masked woman, holding a blade was cornering an older male. The gray-haired male's forehead had a significant gash on it, he held onto a backpack shaking.

"I said, hand it over old man!"

"P-Please, this is for my grandkid"

"Do I look like I-"

"That's enough lady" Izuku cries out, giving a quick glance at Shinsou "leave him alone!"

She turns, eyes glaring "you should stay out of this brat"

"And what are you going to do if we don't?"

"Why I-" and with that, the woman goes limp, dropping the weapon with a clunk.

"W-what just happened?"

Running over to the injured man, he began treatment "my friend's quirk activated, your safe now"

"Go take yourself in" the purpled-haired teen says, watching the woman walk towards the police that we're arriving.

Once statements were taken, the man was taken to the hospital, and the crowd cleared. Both teens we're scolded for recklessly getting involved.

"But you little listeners really did a good job keeping the villain from doing more harm" Present Mic grins.

"T-thank you sensei, but, Shinsou did most of the work"

"Don't act like you didn't help" he frowns "you got her attention so I could use my quirk"

"You two should know better than to use your quirks without a license" Midnight shakes her head "but for now, get yourselves home. And Midoriya"

"Y-Yes?"

She pats him on the head "Yagi said he and Mirai have a surprise for you when you get home"

"R-right!" he looks to the purple teen "w-well, I'll see you-"

"Let me walk you to the station, least I can do to end our outing"

"O-ok"

Both start heading towards the train station, one that was relatively quiet. Once at the stop, they stand on the platform.

"You aren't wrong"

"..."

"I... We aren't just one"

He raises a brow "what are you saying?"

Said train finally makes an appearance, slowing down to a halt, the doors opening to let people on and off. With a hand firmly gripping his own arm, he makes his way to the doors, only stopping to turn back to their friend.

"After the break, there's going to be a meeting between our classes, it will say all I can't right now"

Startled, he walks over "Midor-"

Stepping onto the train, the doors close before the sentence could be finished. A sad smile was all he was left with as the train leaves the other teen alone on the platform.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Symbol system:

♥ = Ren/Purple

€ = Kano/Red - Gaelic accent.

= Akira/Izuku/Green