Chapter 19: She's back

To say Nezu was disturbed, that was putting it very lightly.

The files he had requested had arrived in a large package, and reading through them had taken days. The hatred he felt for the man, Hisashi, ran deeper with each page. They shouldn't be alive anymore after what they did, being in Tartarus just wasn't enough. Their wife Inko, hadn't done much, but standing aside and watching wasn't any better. The woman had only done community service due to a plea deal, so he had decided to contact her.

Surprisingly, she had agreed immediately, stating she had been searching for her son for all this time.

The woman looked beyond tired and disheveled, but he could see clearly where his student got his looks from. Green hair and large eyes were the signature of the Midoriya name. He began questioning her about the child's life.

"He is our only child, but there we're questions of paternity due to Hisashi constantly working oversees" she looks down "when he lost that job, it changed him for the worse... I couldn't step in or I'd be sent to the hospital"

"And what happened to get the police involved?"

She sniffed, hands clenching her skirt "my friend Mitsuki had come over, I hadn't answered her calls so she got worried. She found him... with Izuku... I was knocked out at the time"

"She was a family friend, yes?"

"She still is, we've been in touch since I was released"

"Then why haven't any of you taken him in?"

"Mitsuki has tried on my behalf, but he ran away and went into hiding" she let out a frustrated noise "when Izuku reappeared in elementary school, she had tried to get the police involved, but that woman Maigo has blocked us to this very day"

"Then, is he even with anyone at the moment?"

"I don't know, maybe Maigo?"

"Thank you for answering me, Mrs Midoriya... I've called Izuku to come into the office, I hope to give you both closer. You are not to force yourself on them under any circumstances"

Inko's eyes fill with tears but nod "I understand, I just want to see my baby"

Both became quiet, now waiting for the teen to show themselves. To ensure the system felt safer, he had asked the four teachers closest to them to be their support, as he was sure this was going to be overwhelming.