Chapter One - THE LESTRANGE MANOR

*✮ . . ° ☆ . °¸ . • ✮ . • °:. ₊ ° . ☆ . . ° .•

࿐໋₊Chapter One₊˚.༄
THE LESTRANGE MANOR

song guide ♬ linger ~ the cranberries ♬

*✮ .. ° ☆ . °¸ . • ✮ . • °:. ₊ ° . ☆ .  . ° .•

Phoibe Evadine sat on her front porch, book in hand, the sun gleaming down on her as it hung high in the sky. The very few clouds that were present rolled past swiftly with ease. Phoibe had always had an interest in Muggle literature and therefore treasured the time where she could simply sit and absorb each word in the comfort of home with out much interruption. Perhaps her guilty pleasures were the most common tales among muggles like Romeo and Juliet or Jane Eyre. There was something about how raw and tortured teen love and balancing childhood with new maturity could be that drew her in. She felt like the words written on these pages had seen her and offered advice in the absence of her busy parents. Besides who wanted to get teenage and love advice from their parents anyway? And granted Phoibe probably should not take Shakespeare's suggestions either given both Romeo and Juliet suffered a tragic demise but, there were certainly some beautiful lines about what love was, what it should look like. She had been trying to figure that out lately. Especially when a certain blonde boy crossed her mind, her feelings were difficult to determine. She couldn't possibly imagine liking someone more yet... Was it love? Phoibe knew her heart raced at the sight of him and most of the time she was overtly nervous. But she was a teenager and so used to being told that her feelings were not valid because they had not been 'fully formed yet'. She always found that theory from adults to be ridiculous, if she could think she could feel it was as simple as that, maturity had nothing to do with it. If anything maturity was a word she had learnt for how to hide feelings and disguise them with grace.

Phoibe's reading came to a halt as a crash came from with in the manor. She poked her head through the front window figuring her siblings had knocked a few books from a shelf over but instead made out faint green smoke emitting from the fireplace as well as a familiar figure that was standing amongst it. Snapping her book closed she raced inside.

Peyton Greengrass stood in her living room with his messy blond hair and dorky smile subtly trying to dust the ash from the bottom of his cloak, though the effort was pointless as every time he wiped away the soot it was replaced with the traces of floo powder still left on his hands.

She beamed at him ready to hug the boy she had not seen in two weeks but was roughly pushed out of the way by her brother Maxwell as he raced into the room.

"Leave me alone!" He yelled at their youngest sister Lanesia who was trailing after him.

"But you said you would play exploding snap with me!" The four year old stomped her foot impatiently and Phoibe tucked her brown hair behind both ears nervously. Why did her siblings have to be so childish right now? Right in the presence of Peyton of all people! Luckily, Maxwell didn't seem to be bothered by the teenage boy in the living room and Phoibe was glad, she didn't want to be embarrassed further. Peyton smiled at Phoibe not irritated at the scene which made her gather her confidence.