Chapter Twenty Two - AMORTENTIA AND THE TRUTH

*✮ . . ° ☆ . °¸ . • ✮ . • °:. ₊ ° . ☆ . . ° .•

࿐໋₊Chapter Twenty Two ₊˚.༄
AMORTENTIA AND THE TRUTH

A/N: What is this an update?? After so long😭 honestly I should be in azkaban for the amount of time I have left this how embarrassing

TW: lovepotions?? Bc let's face it they should be banned and wizards gloss over how weird and dangerous they are real fast.

*✮ .. ° ☆ . °¸ . • ✮ . • °:. ₊ ° . ☆ .  . ° .•

The Calderon on Proffesor Slughorn's desk simmered emitting a small amount of smoke that had risen high into the centre of the classroom. The dungeon had been expanded so the whole year could fit inside.

Phoibe did not like lessons in the dungeon, she didn't like being this far down in the castle as it was always so cold and damp. How was she suppose to learn when the whole atmosphere was so dark?

"Any guesses about what potion we will be learning about today?" Proffesor Slughorn spoke, his voice slightly haughty.

Phoibe inched closer to the cauldron to get a better look but still was a few feet away. Slughorn noticed and spoke again. "Miss Evadine why don't you come and inspect the potion further? You seem eager."

She agreed striding forward and when finally stood next to the proffesor, her nostrils were filled with a variety of aromas.

She could make out the smell of tulips, Pandora Lestrange's favourite flower to add on her nature crowns that she made every summer, and the fireplace of her living room at home. Phoibe thought she could detect hints of mint and lavender but couldn't quite tell as scent she was not too fond of emerged. However, this was because the grass of a freshly cut quidditch pitch reminded her of Peyton Greengrass.

Maybe she wasn't as over him as she thought...

She didn't look up worried she may find his eyes amongst the large crowd.

Lastly, the scent of the rose bush in her beloved meadow near home filled the air. Somehow it went hand in hand with the memory of punching Regulus Black in the nose and falling down into the thorns together. That had been almost two months ago now and Phoibe was starting to find the scenario embarrassing. Regulus Black was not quite as horrible as she had thought and sometimes it made her wish she had maybe been a little more kind. Of course there were still moments when she wanted to hex him into oblivion like the other night when they had flown around on his broom and he had dived towards the ground with no warning.

"Well Miss Evadine, thoughts?" Slughorn reminded the brunette once more she was in a lesson and so regained focus.

Phoibe stared into the pink hues of the calderon breathing in all the delightful scents once more before her stomach dropped realising what the potion was.