Chapter Seven - TRUCE

*✮ . . ° ☆ . °¸ . • ✮ . • °:. ₊ ° . ☆ . . ° .•

࿐໋₊Chapter Seven ₊˚.༄
TRUCE

song guide ♬  queen ~ shawn mendes ♬

song guide ♬ queen ~ shawn mendes

*✮ .. ° ☆ . °¸ . • ✮ . • °:. ₊ ° . ☆ .  . ° .•

Regulus Black was beyond frustrated sitting at the desk of his temporary chambers in the Lestrange Manor. He was exasperated because he could not figure out how to mend the silly Muggle device he had broken by accident when scaring Phoibe Evadine in her precious meadow a few days before. Normally, Regulus would not have cared about breaking such a thing but recognising his brothers initials carved into the plastic he had collected the pieces in an attempt to repair it. It was a hopeless attempt however because Regulus had not a clue on earth what any of the fractured pieces did. If he was able to use his wand he would have simply cast a repairing charm but he would not be allowed to use magic for another two weeks until entering the grounds of Hogwarts for a new school year.

If only he was of age.

If he was able to use magic outside of school Regulus liked to believe a lot of his problems would disappear. Though he was reminded that would not be the case as he stared at his hands. He was sure his punishments would turn harsher when he would finally have a means to defend himself, just so his mother could establish power of him once more. Regulus' knuckles were almost healed though, he could not say the same for Kreacher's injuries.

Despite it being almost a week since he had hurt the elf, Kreacher's wounds had not been improving much, even with the healing potion Regulus and Pandora had brewed together and given him.

And then his thoughts fell to Phoibe Evadine. He had always been quite good at potions, but never as talented as her, in fact she seemed to be rather exceptional at everything which frustrated Regulus to no end. It seemed hardly fair that academics came so naturally to her. He supposed that was a perk of being a know it all Ravenclaw, as annoying as they were at least they possessed knowledge.

Maybe he had done something wrong when brewing the potion that Phoibe could have spotted? Regulus pushed the thought far away. He could not be thinking of Phoibe Evadine when he had to repair his brother's... Well... Whatever Muggle contraption he was looking at. But how?

Three knocks on his door sounded and Regulus scrambled to hide the broken item before it swung open. He hid his displeasure well as his mother entered the room.

"I think it's time you and I had a discussion." She stated.

"About what mother?" He asked. Her tone had been calm and not as tight as usual which Regulus found rare.