Chapter Twelve - RUN

*✮ . . ° ☆ . °¸ . • ✮ . • °:. ₊ ° . ☆ . . ° .•

࿐໋₊Chapter Twelve ₊˚.༄
RUN

song guide ♬ dog days ~ florence + the machine ♬

*✮ .. ° ☆ . °¸ . • ✮ . • °:. ₊ ° . ☆ .  . ° .•

Phoibe Evadine entered the busy streets of Diagon Alley with her younger siblings, the brick archway shrinking behind them. Their Aunt Arabella had also accompanied them been as their parents had another full busy day working at the ministry ahead.

The sun glimmered brightly on a large stack of cauldrons outside the nearest shop which Maxwell was already making funny faces into as Lanesia laughed at his distorted reflection.

"I can't believe he's allowed to get a wand already." Phoibe shook her head entertained a smile gracing her lips. "I mean look at him."

Maxwell stuck out his tongue touching his nose which made Lanesia giggle harder.

"Yes well everyone has to grow up eventually." Arabella chuckled her eyes scanning the prices of the different sized cauldrons. "Right children, on to Ollivanders, we can grab cauldrons on the way out saves us from carrying them around all day."

Maxwell eagerly nodded leading the way to the wand shop and Phoibe held Lanesia's hand so she would not be swept away in the traffic of the crowd. They reached the narrow shabby shop and Phoibe noted that the gold letters over the door had started to peel since she had last visited the shop at eleven. A single wand laid on a dark purple cushion in the window that was starting to gather a little dust. 

A tinkling bell rang somewhere in the depths of the shop as the Evadine's stepped inside. It was tinier than Phoibe remembered but she figured that was due to how much she had grown in the past five years. Still, she looked around in just as much curiousity as the first time she had entered the shop so young at the thousands of narrow boxes piled neatly right up to the ceiling. Each wand was a different possiblity and Phoibe liked to day dream about things like that.

"Good morning," said a soft voice and the Evadine's turned to its source.

An elderly man had appeared before them, eyes wide and pale shining like moons through the bleakness of the shop. 

"Good morning Mr Ollivander, we are here to acquire little Maxwell's wand." Arabella patted the young boys auburn hair as he had frozen at the sight of the wand maker. Phoibe could not distinguish whether it was in nervousness or anticipation.

"Ah yes." said the man. "Yes, yes. I thought I'd be seeing you." His attention turned back to Arabella "Why Miss Spikely it seems only yesterday you were in here yourself buying your first wand. Nine and a half inches long, flexible, Maple wood and a Phoenix core." Phoibe noted how her wand had was also made of Maple wood and also possessed the same core, though hers was longer at twelve and a half inches.