Chapter Eight - THE WEDDING

*✮ . . ° ☆ . °¸ . • ✮ . • °:. ₊ ° . ☆ . . ° .•

࿐໋₊Chapter Eight ₊˚.༄
THE WEDDING

song guide ♬ who are you? ~ the who♬

*✮ .. ° ☆ . °¸ . • ✮ . • °:. ₊ ° . ☆ .  . ° .•

It was a day before the event of summer among pureblood wizarding society. Bellatrix Black would soon become a Lestrange, finally being married into one of the most well established magical families in the country. Phoibe Evadine was adamant on missing the occasion especially after the cruel remarks Regulus Black had spoken to her a few days prior.

How dare he.

Regulus knew nothing of her other than what he had eaves dropped and yet had some how come to the conclusion that he could make comments on Phoibe's personal life.

What made the words he spoke even more abominable was that they were probably true.

Peyton Greengrass must not like her anymore, not after his one sentence letter that he had sent the previous week and certainly not after she had found out he had kissed Talia Abbot.

It was hard not to think about the blonde haired boy, especially after he had consumed so many of her memories and much of her time at Hogwarts. She supposed thats what made it even worse, she hadn't only lost a crush but one of her closest friends. Phoibe had always thought above anything Peyton was a loyal Hufflepuff. His actions did not make sense and Phoibe wondered if she really knew the boy with the kindest smile she had ever seen before at all. Thankfully, her glowering did not remain much longer.

The afternoon was sunny and bright as Phoibe and Maxwell played wizarding chess on the small table on their front porch. It was one of the only games her brother would play with her anymore as he had decided to leave behind so called childish ones like exploding snap. Phoibe thought this of course was ridiculous, exploding snap was entertaining at any age. But still she could not complain, chess tested both their intellects and as they played on Phoibe pondered if her brother would be sorted into Ravenclaw as he was certainly smart enough. However, both her mother and father had been in Slytherin within their time spent at the wizarding school. In fact Phoibe was the first descendant to be sorted into a different house in three generations of the Evadine line. At first she had been worried she had failed her parents in this way but they had always assured her that wherever she had been placed was true to herself. As long as she continued to strive for greatness they would accept her with open arms.

"Fifi, this is here for you." Her mother's voice rung into the air as she stepped out onto the front porch holding a letter in hand. As soon as the brunette saw it she did not care much for her queen being brutally smashed to pieces of the chess board in front of her by Maxwell's knight. In fact as competitive as she was she didn't care much for the game at hand anymore at all... Phoibe had been dazzled by the bronze envelope that her mother passed along with a knowing smile.