Chapter Ten - THE MONA LISA

*✮ . . ° ☆ . °¸ . • ✮ . • °:. ₊ ° . ☆ . . ° .•

࿐໋₊Chapter Ten ₊˚.༄
THE MONA LISA

song guide ♬ runaway baby ~ bruno mars ♬

*✮ .. ° ☆ . °¸ . • ✮ . • °:. ₊ ° . ☆ .  . ° .•

Phoibe Evadine left Regulus Black standing unaccompanied in the shallow water of the almost empty fountain, his face riddled with what seemed to be both confusion and hurt as she strode away into the gardens. There was no planning of her path, no aim to her stride, the brunette witch simply walked as far and as fast as she could in an attempt to get away from the event that had just occurred.

What on earth was she thinking, messing around in the water like that with him for anyone to stumble across them and see? Even under the ruse of Regulus courting Phoibe the whole catastrophe would have been inappropriate due to how formal and strict pure blood courting was.

It must have been the fire whiskey Phoibe had been continuously sipping on during the ceremony and the reception that Estelle had so graciously shared. It must have gone to her head too quickly, because had Phoibe been in her right mind at that moment, she would have never let any of that happen.

She hated Regulus Black. He ignited with in her a certain kind of fire that made her blood boil and her mouth seethe with insults. Everything the raven haired boy did infuriated her. However, Phoibe had to keep reminding herself of this fact as her intoxicated brain decided to replay the fountain escapade on a constant loop.

She had never seen Regulus Black smile or laugh before and the alcohol within her seemed to cling to the memory.

Phoibe was in such a rush to escape the situation, she had not even thought about how she couldn't just simply cast a drying charm on herself due to not being of age yet.

How on earth was she going to explain this to her parents? They would surely have more questions than she had answers, that was certain. Wrapped up in her worry, she bumped into a group of wedding guests who were hiding away in the towering hedges.

Holding her breath for a brief moment, she panicked at how she would explain away the ruined dress and leaking mascara, as partaking in a water fight with Regulus Black was not a good enough explanation, nor something that she needed to be reminded of.

Thankfully, it was not a group of strangers she had stumbled across, but instead her best friend Pandora, Estelle and Andromeda Tonks, formerly Black.

"What in Merlin's name happened-" Estelle began as she watched the brunette girl approach them, her dress soaked through, leaving a soggy trail behind her. "Nevermind, I can only deal with one problem at once."