Chapter Nineteen - IT WAS NEVER HATE

*✮ . . ° ☆ . °¸ . • ✮ . • °:. ₊ ° . ☆ . . ° .•

࿐໋₊Chapter Ninteen ₊˚.༄

IT WAS NEVER HATE

song guide ♬ falling slowly ~ glen hansard and markéta irglová ♬

*✮ .. ° ☆ . °¸ . • ✮ . • °:. ₊ ° . ☆ .  . ° .•

tw: injury

Lit candles floated effortlessly above everyone in the Great hall blanketed by enchanted ceiling. The blue hues where peppered with silvery constellations that weaved between the wax and flame.

"Attention students." Dumbledore the headmaster of hogwarts stood from his seat at the center of the professor's table. Regulus Black couldn't help but roll his eyes tired from his countless speeches from years before, sinking to rest his head in his propped up hand.

"I am delighted to welcome you all back from your holidays. In a moment the sorting ceremony will commence but first we will hear the sorting song." Dumbledore gestured to the old wizard hat on the stool in front of him and on cue it sprang to life starting to sing about the attributes of each house. Even though the song was different every year Regulus could hardly force himself to focus on the display like Evan Rosier did beside him. However, Barty Crouch JR possessed the same disinterest drumming his fingers on the table as if it would make the grand feast appear faster. Regulus's eyes wondered to find a more interesting sight spotting a familiar blonde and brunette but was blocked by a crowd of first years. Among them was Phoibe Evadines's younger brother Maxwell.

Regulus thought their features were quite different and if he had not met Maxwell before he would not have thought they were related. While the younger brother had a pointed face her features were round and full. He had dark brown eyes which contrasted her deep silver ones. Perhaps their most striking difference however was their hair, Maxwell had had dark curly auburn locks where as Phoibe had long deep brown strands that were almost always straightened.

It was not long before the youngest Evadine's name was called for the sorting and the small gathering of first years had moved forward enough for Regulus to catch sight of Pandora and Phoibe once more. Anyone could see Maxwell was incredibly nervous by the way he shuffled his feet a long the floor ridged, his hands clumped in fists until his sister shot him a thumbs up which seemed to reassure him a little before he sat on the stool in half anticipation and half dread.

The pointed hat was placed on him and Phoibe had to stifle a giggle when it flopped over his eyes.

The hat was clearly debating where to put Maxwell for a few moments before it roared "SLYTHERIN." Proffesor McGonagall removed the sorting hat from the young boys head. He looked awkward and unsure once more at his sister. She stood up clapping to encourage him.