Chapter Two - GUILTY

*✮ . . ° ☆ . °¸ . • ✮ . • °:. ₊ ° . ☆ . . ° .•

࿐໋₊Chapter Two₊˚.༄
GUILTY

song guide ♬ lovely ~ billie eilish ♬

*✮ .. ° ☆ . °¸ . • ✮ . • °:. ₊ ° . ☆ .  . ° .•

(tw: assault, violence, bullying, blood)

Regulus Black felt guilty.

The emotion rarely used to strike him.

However, ever since his brother Sirius Black had departed the family home of number twelve Grimmauld place last summer, Regulus had been experiencing many thoughts and feelings he never had before. Pain he never had before. Sometimes he wished his brother had slipped away in the night with out a word of goodbye as they only seemed to add extra agony to the fact that Sirius had left him. Regulus pushed the memory from his thoughts not feeling like torturing himself for the moment.

But still current guilt from the situation at hand remained.

Regulus had often prided himself on respecting privacy, not feeding into petty gossip and social drama yet here he was trapped behind a bookcase listening to Phoibe Evadine drone on about her romances. Had he mentioned she absolutely hated him? The feeling was partially mutual. He was not sure exactly why but he was intelligent enough to recognise that she had taken every chance to avoid him over their time at Hogwarts together. Also, considering they shared half of their classes and, up until July, their friends were dating, it was quite the statement to say they had barely interacted over the years.

Despite her overt avoidance of him, he often found himself staring at her. She was slightly interesting to him for an annoying, stereotypical Ravenclaw. Especially, with no ambition to use the knowledge she acquired for anything beyond achieving good grades. However, he seemed to think her taste in books made up for it as the fables she read he had also decided to consume himself. Not that Regulus would ever admit it, but he quite enjoyed Muggle tales and often hid his favourite books in the bed frame of his dorm or when he was at home placed them in Sirius's old room. They would look hardly out of place with the other discarded Muggle items his brother had left behind.

On the other hand, it would be dishonest if Regulus did not admit that his gaze also had to do with wondering how Phoibe Evadine had a perfectly symmetrical face for someone who always slammed her head against text books when frustrated or embarrassed. Or the fact he had never seen dark brown hair so impractically long. Surely it had to be irritating in stormy weather being blown everywhere? Or in summer when the rays of heat would make it stick to her skin? The thought made Regulus shift uncomfortably and he pushed the idea of Phoibe Evadine in sunshine and humidity far from his mind. However, the image of her pale blue eyes remained. He had convinced himself they were such a light boring shade they were almost like plain silver. Not special in the slightest. Silver was common after all.