Chapter Nine - THE RECEPTION

*✮ . . ° ☆ . °¸ . • ✮ . • °:. ₊ ° . ☆ . . ° .•

࿐໋₊Chapter Nine ₊˚.༄
THE RECEPTION

song guide ♬  iris ~ the goo goo dolls♬(I picture them dancing to this idk hehe)

(I picture them dancing to this idk hehe)

*✮ .. ° ☆ . °¸ . • ✮ . • °:. ₊ ° . ☆ .  . ° .•

Regulus Black, as much as he did not want to admit it, even to himself, thought Phoibe Evadine was an exceptional actress.

As the pair walked down the wedding aisle arm in arm time slowed for him. He observed the corners of her eyes crease in false glee and her straight pearly teeth on display. Her smile had not been directed at him but rather the onlookers of the ceremony. Still he benefitted from it, he much preferred the witch when she wasn't glaring at him in this particular moment.

Unfortunately, her charade did not last long as they stopped to stand next to eachother facing away from the front row of guests and instead at the large arch that had been constructed from black ivy. Back to the cameras, Phoibe's face fell into a scowl and she dropped their interlinked arms.

Regulus knew that he should not start to lean down a little, step inches closer into her side when Phoibe had just put distance between them. But he couldn't help himself. He wanted to vex her.

Before summer Phoibe Evadine would not have spared him a second glance let alone a single thought. She had avoided him quite obviously and he had not minded to a certain extent because she was loud, disorderly and pretentious. But now...

Over the past couple weeks she had looked at him, seen him, trapped him in-between the flames of her fury. She talked to him- or rather yelled... Merlin she had yelled so much about how incompetent he was. She had berated him, shoved him, and even punched him. Yet this all seemed better than Phoibe pretending he did not exist all.

Just as much as he disliked arguing with her, he had come to enjoy it too.

Maybe even crave it.

Besides, it was not like Phoibe was going to talk to him any other way.

Regulus' head dipped down low enough near to her ear "I can just tell how thrilled you are to be here Roses."

Phoibe pinched his arm that had been touching hers sharply.

"Ow." He retracted their contact but still stood very close to her frame.

"Just shut up." Phoibe warned. "Shut up, and dont even look at me."

"You can't tell me where to look-"

"Black, I hate you. In fact after what you said to me the other day, I loathe you."

"You're still mad about Greengrass?"