Chapter Three - NOT FUN

*✮ . . ° ☆ . °¸ . • ✮ . • °:. ₊ ° . ☆ . . ° .•

࿐໋₊Chapter Three₊˚.༄
NOT FUN

song guide ♬ when you were young ~ the killers ♬

*✮ .. ° ☆ . °¸ . • ✮ . • °:. ₊ ° . ☆ .  . ° .•

As much as Phoibe Evadine fantasied over love and romance in some tragic way she equally spent as much time on the idea of heartbreak. She believed heartbreak was a the greatest testament of love at all; dark but in strange way beautiful.

She figured the stronger you loved, the slower all the good feelings and memories would be clawed and pried from the cracks in your chest. That the process of heartbreak was long and agonising but, a true validation of every romantic feeling you ever felt because they were being pulled from the depths of your soul because they were judged to be worthy by God himself. That was love, pain was love. At least that what she had gathered from her reading. But she would never fully understand those words embedded onto the pages of her books until she felt them for herself. Her best friend Pandora had always said to be grateful of this but Phoibe could not help but be curious about all these experiences she had yet to have.

And maybe she had been contemplating heartache more than usual as she stared at her bedroom ceiling as a letter from Peyton Greengrass laid torn open beside her. Reluctantly, she grabbed the parchment he had scrawled on to read again trying to comprehend it all.

Dear Phoibe,

I'm sorry I haven't written to you sooner. I miss you very much but I think it's best if we talk in the new school year.

- Peyton

Phoibe could not believe it. Six days. Six anxiety filled days of waiting for a reply and those were all the words she had received. A single sentence. Earlier, in shock and outrage when first opening his letter, Phoibe had grasped the nearest pillow and muffled her scream of frustration with it. Why had he only written that?

Peyton had confessed he had liked her. Though, she would have completely believed the memory had been some kind of dream she fantasied, had it not been so easy to recall how lovely the kiss they shared felt.

Like the day before Phoibe thought to seek advice from her best friend Pandora and some more reassurance that she had nothing to worry about. Unfortunately, that meant she had to find the motivation to move.

With a sigh she pushed herself to sit up and ventured downstairs passing through the large dining room that was dimly lit, despite it being the middle of the afternoon, as all the curtains had not been opened. It was then she noticed her youngest sibling Lanesia sat eating sandwich, and judging by how terribly spread it was she assumed the four year old had attempted to do it herself.