Chapter Sixteen - MAYBE

*✮ . . ° ☆ . °¸ . • ✮ . • °:. ₊ ° . ☆ . . ° .•

࿐໋₊Chapter Sixteen ₊˚.༄
MAYBE

song guide ♬ after glow ~ taylor swift♬

(AN: hey let's just keep in mind Regulus is very much unreliable when talking about Sirius oop. Bc Sirius ily and we have no slander for you here.)

TW: minor implications of physical abuse, blood

Also tell me why this book is 16 chapters in and they still aren't at Hogwarts yet💀

*✮ .. ° ☆ . °¸ . • ✮ . • °:. ₊ ° . ☆ .  . ° .•

Regulus Black sat hunched over on an old tree stump running his a hand through his curls. The trees rustled, twigs scratching against eachother, irritating the boy further and fueling his anger as his thoughts simmmered.

How could no one have told him that Sirius Black would be in attendance of the supposed friendly quidditch match, on that field, beaters bat at the ready, especially along with his obnoxious friends?

Not Allegra.

Not Phoibe.

Not even Pandora... someone he had grown close to over the summer had bothered to warn him.

It had stung.

It wasnt fair that he had been blinded into agreeing to play and for a few moments Regulus wondered whether the quidditch match had all been a massive ploy to get him to relive the anguish that was reserved for his once brother. However, then Phoibe's recent words rung in his mind.

People's plans don't revolve around your family feuds Black.

Still he wished someone had told him.

Warned him.

Regulus could deal with passing his brother in the corridors and occasionally spotting him in the great hall when there were no seats facing away from him but that was because he was prepared. He had time to supress the the tightness in his chest and the thoughts of the night Sirius had left.

He never wanted to think of that night again.

And yet it haunted Regulus everytime he saw his brother's face or heard his voice drifting around the school grounds.

Regulus had no choice, he would have to relieve that night for the rest of his life. He would remember being woken in a hushed tone, his brothers voice shaking and breaking. He would remember how Sirius had explained their mother had gone too far. He would remember being told how infinitely better staying with the Potters would be because they were his family now.