Chapter Six - THE INVITATION

*✮ . . ° ☆ . °¸ . • ✮ . • °:. ₊ ° . ☆ . . ° .•

࿐໋₊Chapter Six ₊˚.༄
THE INVITATION

song guide ♬ here ~ alessia cara ♬

*✮ .. ° ☆ . °¸ . • ✮ . • °:. ₊ ° . ☆ .  . ° .•

Phoibe Evadine had been unlucky in attempting to dupe her parents into believing she had fully abided by the laws of her grounding. Unfortunately for the brunette, a personally written letter from Walburga Black had reached her parents inbox detailing the rule breaking, or so Phoibe assumed as her family was gathered around the breakfast table.

Maxwell was shoveling scrambled egg into his mouth while Lanesia swirled around the cornflakes at the bottom of her cereal bowl with her spoon. Anthea Evadine, the children's mother, poured her husband, Ambrose, a cup of tea as he filed through the owl post.

Phoibe saw one envelop in particular catching in the morning sunlight, the parchment shimmering. The silver wax seal was broken my her father and as Phoibe recognised the crest to be from the House of Black she was just too late to escape the breakfast table.

"Sit." Her father ordered recognising she was trying to avoid the oncoming questions.

Phoibe sunk back into her chair. Of course Walburga had seen through her lies, of course the witch would want some kind of reprimanding to be done. Phoibe thought to herself.

"What seems to be your fascination with the Black brothers?" Her father continued.

"What?" Phoibe asked perplexed.

"Well first one of them appears in your bed and now Mrs Black has stated in her letter that the other, Regulus, has been courting you and that you have shown an interest in him."

Phoibe burst out laughing expecting her parents to join her. When they did not her stomach started to knot.

"What do you mean?"

"Ooooo Phoibe's got a boyfriend!" Maxwell sung and the young witch shot him a look of warning.

"Is he nice Fifi?" Lanesia asked a little more perky now. Though Phoibe did not provide an answer as her father spoke once more.

"This letter says he was due round for tea last night. Do I even want to know what the pair of you were off doing instead?" He asked hesitantly. Lately, Ambrose Evadine had not liked to be reminded that his daughter was at the age wizards particularly started noticing witches. He gulped uncomfortably "I know you you teens have uhh.. urges?" He coughed awkwardly as if he was trying to clear his throat of the topic. "But it's not acceptable to be sneaking off into-"