Note

Hi.

A note, so I could look back.

Una sa lahat, hindi pangalawa (yes, this is a joke), thank you at umabot ka dito. I wrote The Ruins of Winter for ten months, pinakamatagal ko siyang ginawa sa lahat ng stories ko.

Sa loob ng sampung buwan, sobrang daming nangyari sa buhay ko. No shit. Share ko lang. May mga nakilala, nanatili. At may mga nakilalang umalis rin agad. Ofcourse, we let go of them. We accept. Because we cannot force people to stay. It will be unfair for you and for them.

In the span of ten months, I loved (still loving), I got hurt (still hurting) and grew up (continuously growing). I will be graduating this June, moving forward to a new chapter of my life. I am not saying that I will stop writing because I think that I will never stop doing what I love but I'm really afraid that I won't be as active as before. But ofcourse I will still try.

Kung saan-saan na napunta 'to, ang gusto ko lang naman ay magpasalamat.

I am so thankful to you who kept reading my stories and enduring all the baggage that comes with it. I am aware that I don't write fun stories but I hope that you know that I always try my best to write stories that reflects us and the world that we live in.

People really ask me why I write the way I do. But I think I write fun stories too? In a different way. Happiness that came from pain, probably. Sorry na. Hindi kasi talaga ako masiyahin na tao. I tend to always overthink and find a deep meaning in what I see in the world.  I know, that could be boring, but what can I do?

The Ruins of Winter is a lot to take, I know. But it's also the first time that I wrote without hesitations. This is just me— in my most vulnerable form. Telling a story about my heartbreaks in the past months. The heartbreaks are numbing, and it made me feel empty, so I needed something that could pinch me hard to pull me back to reality. TROW was the story.

Maraming salamat. Iyon lang talaga ang gusto kong sabihin dito I think I'm lost for words right now after writing that long ass Epilogue, pero salamat. As always, salamat. I know that I'd have so much to improve as a writer but thank you for believing in me. I believe in you too.

Wel