8

Eon Jin was forced to go alone to her parents' house because Jin Woo couldn't come because his mother suddenly fell ill. She knew that her father would regret seeing her come alone.

She finally arrived at the yard where she grew and grew up. She stepped into the house and was greeted by the warm embrace of her mother.

"Uri ttal. Eomma misses you so much. Aigo, why do you look so skinny? You don't eat there, do you?"

"I'm on a diet, Eomma. How are you? Appa said you weren't feeling well."

"Seeing you come home is the best medicine for me. I cooked your favorite food. Let's eat first."

"Where's Appa?" Eon Jin looks around the room to find her father.

"He still has a patient he says. He'll be here in a minute. Have some food."

Seeing a lot of food on the dining table, especially when it was cooked by her mother, made Eon Jin wobble and couldn't hold it in, she ended up eating so much that she couldn't move because she was full.

As soon as she finished eating, her father came home and smiled when he saw his daughter sitting back on the sofa talking to his wife.

He approached and joined them.

"Appaa..." Eon Jin greeted him.

"Finally you remembered to come back to this house. Where is your fiancé? Why did you come alone? Is he coming?"

Eon Jin shook his head.  "He isn't."

"Can not come?" her appa asked with his eyes starting to bulge.

"His mother suddenly fell ill and he had to go back to Gwangju." Eon Jin replied.

"What is his job? Where does he work?"

"He's a neurologist like me. He works at J Medical Center."

"Eoh. Isn't the hospital just an ordinary hospital? How do you know him?"

"Appa... It doesn't matter where he works, I like him because he's a good person." said Eon Jin again refuting her appa's words.

"Take him to meet us after he returns from his hometown. You don't realize your current age? How long are you going to continue dating without thinking about getting married?"

"Arasso. We're also planning a wedding. You don't have to worry about me."

"Just stay here tonight, ttal. You haven't seen your room in a long time, have you?" her eomma voiced to hold her daughter to stay.

"But.. Eomma.. I have to-"

"Appa will enter retirement soon...." Her appa said suddenly.  "Appa wants you to take my place or at least work at our hospital so you can monitor it."

"Appa.. Why all of a sudden? I've already signed a contract at Vams. I can't just cancel it."

"I can take care of that."

"No, I don't want to. Give me a year or two to work there. I don't want to move so early."

"Then who will take care of our hospital?"

"Why didn't you recruit the new hospital director? Or.. Appa, what about Jin Woo? I'm sure he can take care of our hospital well."

"I can't give this great trust to just anyone."  Her appa said, rejecting the idea she was given.

"Jin Woo is not a stranger to you. He will be your son-in-law soon."

"If my only daughter I trust can take care of the hospital well, why should I look for someone else?"