14

Seoul, 2004

In the scorching sun, Tae Pyung walks alone with his books to go to Eon Jin's apartment. The girl was frustrated these few days because she had just broken up with her boyfriend. She has no appetite let alone the intention to study though the exam is coming up.

"Hey.. You came too at last." Eon Jin greets him as soon as she opens the door for him. They enter the house and Eon Jin prepares a drink for him.

"Aigo, your face looks so thin. If you don't want to be hurt like this, why date. I warned you not to date a man like him but you just ignored what I said."

"Aish. If you come here just to scold me, you better go home now." Eon Jin retorts in annoyance.

"Arasso arasso. I brought food for you. Eat this well. I brought vitamins for you too. The end of semester exams are coming soon, you can't be sick because you have to study extra for this you missed."

"Ah, you know very well that I need food right now. Do you want to accompany me to eat?"

"Umm.. I've eaten before here earlier. But, I won't refuse if you invite me to eat again."

"I wasn't wrong to be friends with you. We really matched each other in every way. Do you feel that way too?"

"Uhm, right. We're compatible in every way." Tae Pyung tries not to look at Eon Jin when he answers that. He didn't want to show the look on his face that looked disappointed by that statement.

After eating their food, they continued to chat and then study together.

"Ow.. I haven't opened any books for a week. Ottoke?! The exams are getting closer but I'm just lazing around."

"I'm sure the number one student on campus will be able to catch up."

"Are you making fun of me or something?" Eon Jin narrows her eyes and folds her arms across her chest looking at Tae Pyung.

"Well, what do you want to study today?" Tae Pyung changes the subject for fear of being scolded.

"Uhm.. Wait a minute.. I missed... Eoh, the material on human anatomy and physiology. I really didn't focus when the Professor explained the material. Please teach me, Pyung-ssi."

"Human anatomy and physiology? Ah, that's very easy. What do you want me to explain about?"

"Everything but nerves."

"Uhmm.. We'll start with... The endocrine system.. Or do you want me to explain about the human reproductive system first?"

"It's up to you. I'll be a good student today."

Tae Pyung just smiled mischievously as he opened his book. He looked at Eon Jin's face that looked innocent not knowing what he meant.

"Ouh. I've never seen this before." Eon Jin comments on what Tae Pyung is explaining to her.

"Eoh.. It's called testes. This oval-shaped organ with the size of an olive seed is located inside the scrotu Most men have two testes. The testes are responsible for producing testosterone, which is the male sex hormone. This organ also functions to produce sperm.

"So.. You have two testes?"

"I do. Why?"

"Eoh? I just wanted to know."

"What else do you want to know about mine?"

Eon Jin shoked her head. "Yours? What does it mean... Ah.. It's nothing."