21

Kim Tae Pyung had no idea that Eon Jin was thinking of giving up on their relationship.  They've only officially been dating for a few weeks and it took a dozen years to make them a lover but just one problem came up and she wanted to give up?

Disappointed. It describes Tae Pyung's feelings for Eon Jin at this time. She had even avoided him these past few days. She also tells him that she's disappointed that he didn't tell her the facts about Mi Cha as if she wasn't the one who had the right to know.

Tae Pyung confides in his mother about the matter for advice or opinions. He believed that his mother had a solution to the problem he was facing.

"Didn't eomma ask you to tell Eon Jin and her family about this?" His mother asks again when Tae Pyung starts telling the story from the beginning.

"I know this is my fault.." Tae Pyung regrets it.

"Meet Eon Jin again and talk to her again about this. Your job is to apologize to her and try to convince her that she is the only woman you love. Promise her that you won't hide anything from her anymore. What action you'll take it depends on how she responds to you."

"How about Stephanie, eomma? What if she insists on taking Mi Cha out of my life?"

"We can't forbid her to meet her biological daughter but we also have the right to keep Mi Cha with us because she has become your daughter by law. Have you told Mi Cha about her birth mother?"

"I haven't told her yet. I was confused and scared at the same time. What if it was Mi Cha who wanted to be with her mother? Just imagining it makes me cringe."

"You worry too much. I'm sure that she will obviously choose you who raised and loved her all this time. Do you think she would agree to just go out with a stranger despite the fact that she is her real mother?"

"What if Mi Cha asks me to come along and even marry Stephanie?"

"Are you considering that?"

"No, of course not. I love Eon Jin. I just want to marry her."

"Then propose to her immediately. Go to her parents and tell them that you are going to marry their daughter. Don't procrastinate anymore, Tae Pyung. I'm sure whatever your decision, Mi Cha will agree with it. You don't have to depend on a 5 year old's decision.  Besides, I firmly believe that Mi Cha loves Eon Jin more than any other woman."

"Thanks for your advice, eomma. I'll be seeing Eon Jin and her parents soon. Please give my blessing to my relationship with her, eomma.."

"My prayers are always with you, son. It's time for you to build your own family. You are not young anymore, you also have to give a sibling to Mi Cha, right."

***

Tae Pyung walks into his daughter's room after calling his mother. He slowly opened the door just in case his daughter was asleep. But he saw the little girl reading a book while hugging her favorite doll—the doll that Eon Jin had given her.

"Baby, you haven't fallen asleep yet?" Tae Pyung peeked then stepped inside to approach his daughter.

"I was reading this storybook and I suddenly missed Aunty Eon Jin. Why hasn't she come to see me lately?" she asked with a sad expression on her face.

"She'll see you later. She had an appointment to bring you some delicious dumpling soup, right?"

"Right! But honestly I miss haelmoni's dumpling soup. When will Aunt Eon Jin's mother invite me to her house again, appa?"

"You miss them? Alright, appa will find the right time to go there. Now.. Appa wants to tell you something..."

"Is it about little sister's request?"