15 / He's dead

" Are you an idiot?"

" We cant... Just leave him."

" Yes we can. And you will. Try me."
Samiru was trying hard to stay calm. The more Megumi is with Sukuna, the dangerous of a position will he put himself and Samiru in. She wondered how Megumi was even still alive before she arrived.

" I'll leave... With that idiot."

" Megumi he's fucking dead!"

Like a bell. Like a bell in a shrine. But not as peaceful. It was rang so sharply Megumi was left in a speechless silence.

" He's fucking dead, Megumi. The moment he stupidly ate that shitty finger- HE'S BEEN DEAD!"

She grabbed him by the collar and shook him as she said it. This was the first time. The first ever time Samiru didnt approach him to flirt and to fool around. She was actually serious. With the hidden, subtle pain and loss only he noticed in her angered eyes.

" So quit looking so pathetic right now. Quit looking so fucking lost- IT BREAKS MY HEART! FUCK IT!"

Megumi was at lost of words. He didnt know Samiru could be this sentimental. He didnt know she actually have any real human feelings other than amusement and devious mischievousness. He was completely speechless.

" The moment you step into this fucking world of goddamned jujutsu, you're dead. You fucking signed your normal life away- AND YOU DONT EVEN GODDAMNED KNOW IT! Do you know how much I want every single one of you to fucking go back and smile like the old fucking normal life you live in THAT I FUCKING NEVER HAD!"

Megumi gently gently grabbed her wrists.

" So stop fucking acting like that. You're stronger than this. Why are you so pathetic right now? Jujutsu sorcerers have no right to mourn. They have no right to feel pathetic. They have no right to feel like that. The decision we make is a decision to our death alone. So attachments and relationships are suicide. You'll kill your comrade someday. In this world, you'll kill people you know, and watch as they're being killed. You're fucking alone in this."

Samuri shoved him to the ground. He grunted with a thud, before Samuri turned to the chaos her Twin Curse and that fucking curse made.

" I want you to understand that."

Megumi could only hold his breath. In the anticipation of the line he didnt want to hear.

" So I'm killing him."

That was what she said,

but she didnt move an inch. Megumi wondered what was on her mind and he was also thankful of it. Buying him some time to carefully think of the words he'll say. To stop Samiru from murdering her friend.

But I dont want to

That was what Samuri kept on saying deep inside.

I dont want to. I really dont want to. Please. I dont want to.

It was only thankfully disturbed when a cold hand gently grabbed her own. And it was Megumi from behind. Although he was still down at the ground, head tilted to the dirt, hair covering his eyes, he still managed to keep Samiru rooted still. All while the rain began pouring aggressively. As if it felt the mood.

" You dont know Itadori."

" Woman."
And here comes the curse. Looking tired and annoyed. With Twin puppet by the neck on his hand. He gave it to her.
" So shall I have the main curse now?"

Samiru was about to, but Megumi's hold became tighter.

" You dont know Itadori. He's stronger than you think. Yes he's dead when he ate the finger, but he wont die when somebody else is controlling his fucking body. He wont."

Megumi said. Lifting his head up to glare at his senpai. Than stood up to glare at the smirking, amused curse.

" Itadori saved me before. And dying is lonely, so I'll save him from that too."

" What the fuck are you talking about-"

" If you'll kill Itadori, then kill me too."

" You're fucking insane! Why would I fucking do that?!"

" You said it yourself. Someday you'll kill someone you know. I wont leave Itadori alone. I'll die wit-"

" Fuck you! Fuck off!"

" Fushiguro..."

To their surprise, Itadori took control back and smiled. Samiru was just as surprised when this was all because of Megumi.

" Thanks... A lot, Fushiguro-kun... But. No... Need."

And he collapsed. Dead weight.

Megumi also smiled at his friend, before collapsing himself.
But right on Samiru.

Their senpai could only sigh. In the end, Megumi had it his way. And she couldnt be more happy. She supported his dead weight that collapsed right on her. Chin on her shoulder, completely leaning his heavy weight on her.

She huffed.

So much for the first mission...

When Itadori's body met the ground and Megumi's body collapsed on her, the first thing she did was panic. It was very unlike her. If she didnt let herself spend precious memories with them, she would've scoffed and sighed in distaste. Shrug Megumi away and let them clean up their own mess themselves after they sleep there in the rain.

But no. She spent many laughs and smiles with them. Samiru already didnt have the heart to leave them freezing to death and to afterlife.

She shouldnt have let them easily get attached to her and to each other. But what can she do? Its Itadori Yuuji we're talking about. He gets along well with everyone like its a talent. On Megumi's case though, she honestly thought their connection simply ends with her flirting and mocking. That she could easily discard any sentimental feelings for him if things go rough.

Oh, how she was wrong with that.

With Megumi's whole weight leaned on her, the rain wetting them, and his face buried in her shoulders and neck - this isnt the right time to be flustered.

A salad of emotions she couldnt help but chuckle at. The annoyance, the sudden loss, the tingly blush.

To keep her sane, she called Satoru.

" Yes dearest Samiru? Anything you like? Is there any souvenirs the kids also want? I'm buying croissant in Paris-"

" Itadori is dead."