19 / Rambling to Gumi-chan

Megumi was calm and unreadable as he approached the badly bruised Samiru. He crouched down on Samiru's level, slid a hand around her waist, slung her arm around his shoulder, then swiftly but still gently standing both of them up. Then started walking, as per Samiru case: limping, towards the infirmary.

Megumi was anything but calm. He was extremely worried and anxious on the inside. A slight tint of confusion and a little speck of irritation. Why though? He didnt know.

The journey to the infirmary was mostly quiet. Except for the loud silence around them. And Samiru's unending gaze on him pressured him even more.

" Are you... Okay?"
     Megumi softly croaked out in hopes of starting a conversation. And of course, the effort of doing so was sharply observed by Samiru.

It amused her. But she didnt let that thought out.

" Yea. I'm okay."

" You have bruises all over."

" Well, thats what you get in a fight."
     The snarky response was very Samiru. And it eased Megumi.

Then an awkward silence took place. Samiru was still flustered everytime she spends time alone or nearly alone with Megumi. So she had avoided every possibility of it. Everytime she sees him, the scene from before, in that night, just keeps relaying in her mind like a broken record. As if haunting her to death. And the positive suffocating feeling in her heart that oddly feels good, was weird. It was bothering her.

Megumi, on the other hand didnt pay mind of being alone with the girl, even almost totally forgetting why Samiru was acting weird in the first place. He had to say, he missed being annoyed by Samiru. It was weird. Yes, but he felt at ease whenever Samiru was there to wash all the building negative feelings and problems away with her mockery and snarky remarks. He enjoyed her company, he gives her that. He just wanted to have the things they once have.

They finally arrived at the infirmary.

Now, Samiru knew she could just warp directly to the infirmary. Saving herself from unnecessary walking and waste of time. But come on. Megumi being that close to her, she wouldnt let that pass. She just had to suck up her useless embarrassment to spend some time alone with someone she miss; something she didnt know she needed.

Samuri greeted Shoko with a nod. Too tired to start a conversation. And upon seeing the silent words, Shoko simply turned to Megumi for some explanation.

" Um. Gojo-senpai and Todo from the other school had a duel."
     Megumi plainly said. Placing the girl gently on a mattress. Watching her sigh in relief at the soft sheets while closing her eyes pleased.

" Not again, Samiru."

" I didnt use twin puppet though."

Shoko just grunted, and began doing her reverse cursed technique. After she did though, the bruises were still visible, but it didnt look as gorey as before.

" God, I need to ask for another pair of sunglasses from Satoru-nii."
     Samiru groaned.

" I dont know what your brother had been up to recently, but I'm pretty sure he's visiting the Kyoto prefecture's principal now. He wouldnt miss a chance to threaten a higher up."

" I wish I could too."

" Thats what you get for starting an unnecessary fight."

" It was necessary though."
     Samiru scoffed. Completely forgetting Megumi was still there.

" How would starting a fight with Todo be necessary?"

Samiru dosent throw the first punch at anyone except towards her brother. But every fight she's in with other students involves 90% of her provoking them. As for Todo's case though, everyone knew she'd randomly lunged at the guy for petty reasons which involves around their rivalry in power during last year's Geto incident.