27 / Butter

Saying Megumi is bothered with Samiru literally sprawled on his bedroom floor, is an understatement. He was uneasy and queazy, every movement he did felt wrong and ignoring her also felt wrong. Samiru appearing so suddenly in his bedroom deep in the night was unexpected and startling. There is no reason for her to visit like his other than her mocking and tormenting him with her annoying. He never really understood why she enjoys poking fun at him -- especially at him.

For all he knew, he was closed off and unfriendly, now why would she target him of all people.

By now, she would usually be throwing flirtatious remarks or random insults at him, but all he heard was silence. She didnt even move from her place at all. Just laying flat on the ground.

Why would she visit if she wouldn't annoy him?

There was something wrong with Samiru, and Megumi just know it.

" You ok?"

There was a good pause, the silence loud.

" Yeah."
Samiru croaked out. It was clear in her voice she was feeling down.

Megumi assumed she was just tired and beaten up. But really, Samiru felt rejected. She didnt even truly expressed herself at him yet, and she was already being set aside.

She was overreacting ok. She knew Megumi wasnt that kind, she knew he was lowkey an asshole. She just thought that because he was being so sweet to her at the battle while running away from the curse and its gigantic nature tsunami, he would also be such a sweetheart to her now. He carried her so close to his chest, said sweet words like:
" How could I not worry?"
" Hold on for me will you?"
" No. Samiru. You'll die."
and even protected her.

That has to be something right? Something special. Or is she just overthinking that?

She wanted to do something about it. Confront him head on maybe, or ask about the matter. She is a blunt person, but when it comes to Megumi, she just bails. She feels naked, nervous, anxious, judged, flustered, many more things. She just wasnt capable to go up to him and say:
" Megumi, why arent you being sweet anymore? You were very sweet and protective before. I like you being sweet with me. Is that it? No consistency? Thats just unacceptable."

" Why are you here?"

Megumi's voice cut her thoughts like a knife. She flinched very startled. She was not one to get lost in her thoughts, no. This was the very first time she drifted off to another dimension on a ride with her thoughts. Because this was the first time she willingly let herself swim deep in her head to understand this concept. To understand her wishful thinking, her wonders, and this feeling.

And with Samiru giving silence as a reply, Megumi became even more uneasy and anxious. To him, its either she fell asleep or just being completely off. Something is definitely wrong with her. That thought made him worry.

And his worry made him furrowed his eyebrows and frowned his lips. He crawled to the foot on his bed to peek at Samiru. She was awake. And dazed. She was troubled, it was clear as day in her face.

And her troubled expression worried Megumi even more.

" What's wrong?"
He asked a little too softly. He intended to spout it hard, but he ended up spouting it like a puppy.

Samiru finally smiled. She gave out a smile, not a smirk or a grin. It was a soft smile. The very first genuine beautiful soft smile Megumi saw in Samiru's face. And he may or may not have thought it was angelic.

" I was just... Worrying."

She said in a daze. Not looking at Megumi's eyes who was boring on hers. She can feel it knocking in the doors of her soul.